Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Sports Forum

Sports Forum

1. 17 May '09 15:00
    Ok, so, with the new cover, no more rained off' games. I bet that will not prove correct.

The loser will say 'This is an Open Court tournament .....'

Loser will lodge an appeal.
  2. 19 May '09 19:51
    It's only centre court that has a cover anyway, all the rest of the courts are still open air
  3. 19 May '09 22:43
    it ensures that no matter what the weather, there will be at least a few matches -- and ensures that weather won't disrupt the schedule during the final few days

and ensures that when Federer and Nadal face off in the finals this year, rain delays won't be forcing them to play the final points in near darkness like last year

which brings up the real question -- will Wimbledon or the French Open ever install lights?
  4. Standard member SwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    21 May '09 06:17 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Melanerpes
    and ensures that when Murray and Nadal face off in the finals this year...
    Fixed.
  5. 22 May '09 21:38
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Fixed.
    well....Murray would have home court advantage -- and after all those years of hoping Henman would do it, maybe this is the year someone from the UK wins it.

But I suspect that this is sort of like waiting for the Cubs to win a World Series.
  6. Standard member SwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    24 May '09 05:13
    Originally posted by Melanerpes
    well....Murray would have home court advantage -- and after all those years of hoping Henman would do it, maybe this is the year someone from the UK wins it.

But I suspect that this is sort of like waiting for the Cubs to win a World Series.
    I am not sure he will win it; but he's been playing so much better than Fed lately.
  7. 24 May '09 14:32 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    I am not sure he will win it; but he's been playing so much better than Fed lately.
    Not really, but thats most likely because we are in the clay season. Federer has been playing better.