10 Sep '19 18:031 edit
    Home : News : Around The Table With Bianca Andreescu
    Presented by
    Mercedes-Benz

Around the table with 2019 US Open women's champion Bianca Andreescu
    Victoria Chiesa /Monday, September 09, 2019
    facebook
    twitter

Mere hours after her maiden Grand Slam triumph, Bianca Andreescu was back on the clock, thinking about when the words "US Open champion" would feel at home on her resume.

"After [winning] Indian Wells, it took a couple of weeks to sink in. After [winning] Toronto, it took a couple of days. Hopefully, tomorrow, I can finally realize that it actually happened," she told reporters in an intimate roundtable in a nearly-empty US Open player lounge late Saturday night.

"I was going to say I was more shocked by winning Indian Wells than by winning this, but at the same time, this is a Grand Slam. Right now feels like, ‘What the hell is happening?’"

Arriving in New York as one of the WTA's hottest players, Andreescu running a different kind of table—the one that sees her leave New York with her first major title after winning seven matches—might have only been a surprise if you weren't paying attention.

During last year's US Open, she was sitting at home, injured, after losing in the first round of qualifying. Now the Canadian has vaulted into superstar status just 12 months later.

https://www.usopen.org/en_US/news/articles/2019-09-09/around_the_table_with_2019_us_open_womens_champion_bianca_andreescu.html
  2. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    28 Oct '19 15:42
    Rusty, that's all well and fine and everything but.. does she have a wrist shot? can she play goal?

Oh well. 🙂
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    06 Nov '19 10:25
    @earl-of-trumps said
    Rusty, that's all well and fine and everything but.. does she have a wrist shot? can she play goal?

Oh well. 🙂
    You are talking about an entirely different game....She beat one of the tennis players who dominated for years 2 times in a short period. I think we will be hearing a lot more about her in the future! 🙂

Oh well. 😛

-VR

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree