1. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    09 Jul '11 22:04
    Now England women lose a PKSO. Has England ever won a PK shootout ever? Why is this? Some jinx! In the other quarterfinal Japan stunned the Germans. Two feet taller than their tallest player yet Japan maintained possession 57%-43% and taught the Germans a bit or two about ball handling. Winning goal scored in 108th minute of ET.
  2. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    10 Jul '11 14:52
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Now England women lose a PKSO. Has England ever won a PK shootout ever? Why is this? Some jinx!
    Well, looking on the bright side, the English women have proven once and for all that they're every bit the equal of the English men: going out in the quarters because they stink at penalties 😛.
    (And before anyone accuses me of being anti-England again, I'll add that the Dutch boys are usually just as bad at them... and the Dutch girls never even get a chance to try.)

Richard
  3. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    10 Jul '11 15:37
    Now England women lose a PKSO. Has England ever won a PK shootout ever? Why is this? Some jinx! In the other quarterfinal Japan stunned the Germans. Two feet taller than their tallest player yet Japan maintained possession 57%-43% and taught the Germans a bit or two about ball handling. Winning goal scored in 108th minute of ET.
    You may be correct, but they're all much better looking than the men!!😀
  4. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    10 Jul '11 17:04
    What a bunch of crap!! The referees are determined to beat the US.
    Disallowing a great penalty kick save and then a ridiculous red card ejection against the US seconds later.

If the US loses this, it is all on the piss poor officiating.
    The pay off must be on.
  5. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    10 Jul '11 17:35
    Unbelievable how bad the US got jobbed by the referees.
    The US played with incredible heart after get royally screwed.
  6. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    10 Jul '11 18:15
    Vindication!!! What an effort....

Down a player, against a great team AND the referees!!!

USA !!!!
  7. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    11 Jul '11 01:30
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Vindication!!! What an effort....

Down a player, against a great team AND the referees!!!

USA !!!!
    One for the ages indeed. Against all odds, against a blind ref, against dive artists and injury fakers. USA prevails in a stunning finish. Megan Rapinoe's cross was perfect, Abby Wambach's header was perfect. Hope Solo is a great keeper. Women's game regrettably needs male refs. Those cows are easy to fool and too happy to kiss Brazvillain hiney. In the end the soccer gods smiled on USA and frowned on Marta et al. I still wonder why ref never bothered to yellow card the Brazilian faking injury who magically got up once taken off field. Everyone could see she was faking except the ref. Karma lives. Perhaps without that USA equlaizer never happens as it took place in injury time!
  8. Joined
    08 Dec '06
    Moves
    11 Jul '11 02:17
    One for the ages indeed. Against all odds, against a blind ref, against dive artists and injury fakers. USA prevails in a stunning finish. Megan Rapinoe's cross was perfect, Abby Wambach's header was perfect. Hope Solo is a great keeper. Women's game regrettably needs male refs. Those cows are easy to fool and too happy to kiss Brazvillain hiney. In the ...[text shortened]... arma lives. Perhaps without that USA equlaizer never happens as it took place in injury time!
    Actually, the ref immediately yellow carded the Brazilian player when she came on to the field.
  9. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    11 Jul '11 11:231 edit
    Originally posted by damionhonegan
    Actually, the ref immediately yellow carded the Brazilian player when she came on to the field.
    I never saw it. Really deserved an ejection form being so blatant. Stuff like that is killing the sport. Perhaps some rules need to be changed to avoid stuff like this and clock wasting. We need a clock like basketball. In other words running when action takes place. Goal kicks and such should take place within an alloted time of a free kick given. The time wastage is a real problem as is the mystery added time at end of games.

Note: went and checked the boxscore. Indeed Erika was yellow carded for her antics. Shoulda been sent off for being so blatant.
  10. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    12 Jul '11 07:22
    What a bunch of crap!! The referees are determined to beat the US.
    Disallowing a great penalty kick save and then a ridiculous red card ejection against the US seconds later.

If the US loses this, it is all on the piss poor officiating.
    The pay off must be on.
    Well, the ref did give the US a break in the PK shoot out. I watched the replay, and I didn't see the Brazilian goalie leave the line.
  11. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    12 Jul '11 07:23
    One for the ages indeed. Against all odds, against a blind ref, against dive artists and injury fakers. USA prevails in a stunning finish. Megan Rapinoe's cross was perfect, Abby Wambach's header was perfect. Hope Solo is a great keeper. Women's game regrettably needs male refs. Those cows are easy to fool and too happy to kiss Brazvillain hiney. In the ...[text shortened]... arma lives. Perhaps without that USA equlaizer never happens as it took place in injury time!
    Uh, the ref yellow carded the faker.
  12. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    12 Jul '11 11:48
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    Well, the ref did give the US a break in the PK shoot out. I watched the replay, and I didn't see the Brazilian goalie leave the line.
    Are you kidding me? Brazilian GK was three feet forward. It was a good retake. The first PK stop by Solo earlier in the match was ridiculous indeed!

BTW, I admitted in the other post above I was wrong about the Erika yellow.
  13. Joined
    08 Dec '06
    Moves
    12 Jul '11 17:05
    Are you kidding me? Brazilian GK was three feet forward. It was a good retake. The first PK stop by Solo earlier in the match was ridiculous indeed!

BTW, I admitted in the other post above I was wrong about the Erika yellow.
    Actually the call earlier in the match was correct. A US player encroached in the penalty area. YouTube
  14. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    12 Jul '11 17:071 edit
    Originally posted by damionhonegan
    Actually the call earlier in the match was correct. A US player encroached in the penalty area. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU7juegX7yQ
    That is bogus. That call is NEVER made and it happens all the time.

Furthermore, goalies often move laterally prior to the kick and it is not called.

It was a BS call plain and simple.
  15. Joined
    08 Dec '06
    Moves
    12 Jul '11 17:12
    That is bogus. That call is NEVER made and it happens all the time.

Furthermore, goalies often move laterally prior to the kick and it is not called.

It was a BS call plain and simple.
    Referees make mistakes all the time with encroachment.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree