1. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    12 Jul '11 20:55
    Originally posted by bill718
    You may be correct, but they're all much better looking than the men!!😀
    Only teams with good looking women are USA and France. Most of the others are troll-like cows, especially Brazil. Yikes, they're not attractive!
  2. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    12 Jul '11 20:59
    Originally posted by damionhonegan
    Actually the call earlier in the match was correct. A US player encroached in the penalty area. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU7juegX7yQ
    Completely bogus call. LOTG states encroachment is called if the penalty is stopped and the "encroaching" player interferes with a potential rebound shooter. Otherwise virtually every PK would be retaken. That ref no more understood such subtleties just like linesman failed to call offsides on Marta go ahead goal. I think your secretly a FIFA female ref wannabe. You could call the game the same as that horrible Aussie cow!
  3. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    12 Jul '11 21:02
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    That is bogus. That call is NEVER made and it happens all the time.

Furthermore, goalies often move laterally prior to the kick and it is not called.

It was a BS call plain and simple.
    Lateral movement is permissible. Forward motion with GK's feet leaving the line before contact with the ball is grounds for a retake, hence the Boxx PK was awarded a retake as Brazil GK was fully three feet ahead of line before contact.
  4. Joined
    08 Dec '06
    Moves
    13 Jul '11 03:092 edits
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Completely bogus call. LOTG states encroachment is called if the penalty is stopped and the "encroaching" player interferes with a potential rebound shooter. Otherwise virtually every PK would be retaken. That ref no more understood such subtleties just like linesman failed to call offsides on Marta go ahead goal. I think your secretly a FIFA female ref wannabe. You could call the game the same as that horrible Aussie cow!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penalty_kick_(football):

"For infringements by the defending team, before the kick is taken, should a goal be scored it stands, otherwise the kick is retaken"

It's in page 127 in the Laws of the Game. http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/generic/81/42/36/lawsofthegame_2011_12e.pdf
  5. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    13 Jul '11 11:47
    Originally posted by damionhonegan
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penalty_kick_(football):

"For infringements by the defending team, before the kick is taken, should a goal be scored it stands, otherwise the kick is retaken"

It's in page 127 in the Laws of the Game. http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/generic/81/42/36/lawsofthegame_2011_12e.pdf
    Be that as it may it is seldom enforced. I can't remember the last time I saw it enforced, especially without interference on a possible rebound. Ridiculous application of the rule. You're telling me this awful ref could muster such subtlety and vision yet could not see Erika faking, missed the offsides pass to player who fed Marta the ball for the go ahead goal in extra time? You give her too much credit. That is one of the worse refs ever! ONly Germany-England ref last year was worse.
  6. Standard memberzakkwylder
    Mouth for war
    Burlington, KY
    Moves
    14 Jul '11 00:52
    I like many others was insensed over the officiating in the U.S. v Brazil match. However, I read the below article and it does really put things in perspecive. I suggest you give it a look.
    That being said, I still don't agree with Rachel Buehler being sent off. But its all said and done now, the U.S. beat France and Alex Morgan scored a goal, so I'm willing to shrug it off as human error.

http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/news?slug=ycn-8792081
  7. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    14 Jul '11 03:52
    Originally posted by zakkwylder
    I like many others was insensed over the officiating in the U.S. v Brazil match. However, I read the below article and it does really put things in perspecive. I suggest you give it a look.
    That being said, I still don't agree with Rachel Buehler being sent off. But its all said and done now, the U.S. beat France and Alex Morgan scored a goal, so I'm willing to shrug it off as human error.

http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/news?slug=ycn-8792081
    Human error could be overcome with instant replay. Football needs to enter the modern era. Thay already use headsets. They refuse replay because little leagues would not be able to use the same. I never see little league refs with headsets! Modernize, FIFA! Ref in USA-Brazil game was about as bad as they get. Only worse was Germany-England in 2010 WC!
  8. Standard memberzakkwylder
    Mouth for war
    Burlington, KY
    Moves
    14 Jul '11 17:23
    I'm guessing that the reason they don't use instant replay is the same as in the NHL and MLB, they don't want their officials calling the games via a camera. It would also grossly interrupt the free flowing nature of the game. Just imagine the amount of extra time there would be if officials were running off to the cameras every few minutes. Now in the aforementioned leagues, they will occasionally consult a camera for tough decisions. Don't forget, human error could have went in the U.S.'s favor last Sunday w/the handball call. Perhaps she wasn't called on it due to lack of intent, or maybe it was human error. Either way, in a game like football/soccer I don't think there's room for instant replay like there is in American Football.
  9. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    14 Jul '11 22:41
    Originally posted by zakkwylder
    I'm guessing that the reason they don't use instant replay is the same as in the NHL and MLB, they don't want their officials calling the games via a camera. It would also grossly interrupt the free flowing nature of the game. Just imagine the amount of extra time there would be if officials were running off to the cameras every few minutes. Now in the af ...[text shortened]... soccer I don't think there's room for instant replay like there is in American Football.
    Interrupt flow of the game? Really! Like all the rolling around doesn't do just that? How about the horricially long time wasted during set pieces. THat doesn't stop flow of the game? Here's additional changes imperative to bring the game into modernity:
    1. A real clock instead of the mystery injury time. Stop the dang clock if someone is injured.
    2. Post match video review of Erika-like fake injuries and suspensions for such behavior.
    3. Time limits for goal kicks.
    4. Eliminate red cards for goal saving plays and reserve those for really bad fouls. Automatic ejection is absurd and really hogties the team with player sent off. If the rule is kept as is make suspensions non-mandatory if review shows an honest challenge gone clumsy like Rachel Buehler's(BTW, I don't think that was a foul)
    5. Video replay review limited to controversial plays like Rachel Buehler's.
    6. Video review would ahve show Marta goal against Norway she clearly shoved down the defender. Review without stopping play and post a blue light on goal post like in hockey. Once goal is called good message ref via that means. Same replay would have disallowed Marta goal in OT since cross came from player receiving ball in offsides.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree