1. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    30 Jun '10 08:58
    at the moment villa and higuain both have 4 with fabiano and suarez with 3.

a couple of other people have 3 and a few have 2 who are in still but i personally think it's between these four as i think each team will be in the semi finals.

they're all the likely goalscorers for their country... higuain maybe slightly less so.

villa is 15/8
    higuain - 11/4
    fabiano - 9/2
    suaraz - 14/1

14/1 for suaraz? the man was scoring goals for fun for ajax last season, ok that's the dutch league you say... look at the two he took against south korea and tell me he's not a great each way bet (pays out 1,2 & 3 @ 1/4 of the odds)
  2. In your face
    Moves
    01 Jul '10 17:251 edit
    I'm guessing the bookies don't think that his team will be in the world cup, long enough for him to score many more.

Edit: Good odds though. Tempted...
  3. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    02 Jul '10 08:59
    Originally posted by jimslyp69
    I'm guessing the bookies don't think that his team will be in the world cup, long enough for him to score many more.

Edit: Good odds though. Tempted...
    well they have them as favorites against ghana (which i agre with...) so if they win today they're garanteed another 2 matches.

plus if they lose in the semis and play one of the top teams for third you know they're going to be up for that match, the other team maybe not.

it's a good each way bet, no doubts about it.
  4. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    02 Jul '10 09:05
    Netherlands to win + Suarez to be top scorer is 279/1 in betfair.

Brazil + Suarez is 74/1, Arg + Sua is 89/1, Spa + Sua is 79/1

Mmm...
  5. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    02 Jul '10 09:10
    First goalscorer today:

Maicon 35/1
  6. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    02 Jul '10 10:22
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Netherlands to win + Suarez to be top scorer is 279/1 in betfair.

Brazil + Suarez is 74/1, Arg + Sua is 89/1, Spa + Sua is 79/1

Mmm...
    £5 would get you £70 @14/1 so well worth it to put £1 each on the 5 countries likely to win the cup + suarez. better put £1 on uruguay as well... what a sickener that would be.
  7. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    02 Jul '10 10:49
    Originally posted by trev33
    £5 would get you £70 @14/1 so well worth it to put £1 each on the 5 countries likely to win the cup + suarez. better put £1 on uruguay as well... what a sickener that would be.
    What about the Maicon bet? I see him running over Van Bronckhorst today. 35 to 1 looks tasty.
  8. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    02 Jul '10 11:19
    What about the Maicon bet? I see him running over Van Bronckhorst today. 35 to 1 looks tasty.
    i don't know. i see a set piece or a 30-yard screamer winning it in a tight match. or pens.

i did a little bet with uruguay, spain and the other two matches to be draws.

first goalscorer is always a bit of a lottery, prefer anytime goalscorer. i think miacon has had his moment to be honest, don't see him getting forward enough for a chance to score.

looking forward to the uruguay/ghana match more so that brazil/holland... that'll be entertaining. especially if ghana score first.
  9. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    02 Jul '10 12:001 edit
    i don't know. i see a set piece or a 30-yard screamer winning it in a tight match. or pens.

i did a little bet with uruguay, spain and the other two matches to be draws.

first goalscorer is always a bit of a lottery, prefer anytime goalscorer. i think miacon has had his moment to be honest, don't see him getting forward enough for a chance to score. ...[text shortened]... atch more so that brazil/holland... that'll be entertaining. especially if ghana score first.
    I know it's not the most likely, but is it 35/1? Maicon will get a lot forward in my opinion. On his side it's Kuyt and VB against him and D.Alves. The other side it's trickier as Robben will pin down Bastos and he won't be able to go forward as much as he likes.
  10. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    02 Jul '10 12:27
    I know it's not the most likely, but is it 35/1? Maicon will get a lot forward in my opinion. On his side it's Kuyt and VB against him and D.Alves. The other side it's trickier as Robben will pin down Bastos and he won't be able to go forward as much as he likes.
    oh i'm sure he'll try and get forward i'm not so sure he'll get into any scoring positions, saying that he will shot from anywhere so 35/1 is tempting. i'd put money on him before alves, worse brazilian player ever.
  11. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    02 Jul '10 12:43
    oh i'm sure he'll try and get forward i'm not so sure he'll get into any scoring positions, saying that he will shot from anywhere so 35/1 is tempting. i'd put money on him before alves, worse brazilian player ever.
    I'd think Lucas is the worst Brazilian player ever, but I half-agree with you in that Alves is pretty damn bad, for a Brazilian. Dive*dive*shoot-500m-over-the-bar*dive*complain.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree