1. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    20 Feb '08 18:341 edit
    England scored 340 for six
    NZ was cruising to victory until
    the part timer bowled the last over
    and they only managed 6 of it to record a draw.
    Amazing stuff...crowd loved it until the end
    Pongolians went away with big big smiles.

McClean Park Napier,,, producing such a pitch is that good??
    I believe the ideal pitch should give some early life and should turn at the end and should produce about 230-250.
    Hey but good on the players here for a great game of cricket.

edit link:

http://home.nzcity.co.nz/news/article.aspx?id=81959&fm=psp,nwl
  2. Joined
    13 Sep '05
    Moves
    23 Feb '08 11:36
    So many runs.. do bowlers play a part in cricket anymore?

Here in Australia, teams have been struggling to score 200 lately.. and the chase has been equally difficult. I've been enjoying these games soooooo much more.. it's close, runs really count, the bowlers play a part and the batsmen have really had to apply themselves to score.. and it hasn't been easy.

Ahh yes, that is cricket for me.
  3. 6yd box
    Moves
    23 Feb '08 13:42
    Originally posted by AussieG
    So many runs.. do bowlers play a part in cricket anymore?

Here in Australia, teams have been struggling to score 200 lately.. and the chase has been equally difficult. I've been enjoying these games soooooo much more.. it's close, runs really count, the bowlers play a part and the batsmen have really had to apply themselves to score.. and it hasn't been easy.

Ahh yes, that is cricket for me.
    i have noticed that over the last few years the pitches seem to favour the batters more then the bowlers..thats is very disapointing.

In the 60s and 70s in India and pakistan as well i think, the matting wickets produced huge runs for the batting teams.

This is not good for the sport

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree