England
    well paid thought....look at erickson!
  2. Joined
    02 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Feb '08 15:26
    Originally posted by spurs73
    well paid thought....look at erickson!
    Ericson lasted long enough. It wasn't that bad. Before that though they went through quite a few managers quite quickly.

look at ROI they have a habit of bringing in mangers with a bad reputation (or none i.e.Steve Staunton) and making it worse (McCarthy, Kerr)
  3. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    27 Feb '08 07:18
    Saints need a good manager... how is Nigel Pearson going to fair at Southampton?
  4. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    27 Feb '08 09:46
    Originally posted by Tirau Dan
    [b]Saints need a good manager...
    You answered your own question Dan!

Didn't he graduate from the Bryan Robson school of management?
  5. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    27 Feb '08 16:39
    Originally posted by blade68
    You answered your own question Dan!

Didn't he graduate from the Bryan Robson school of management?
    I feel a certain sinking feeling. If he had been a #2 at Newcastle and they didn't want him then I guess he's being fed So'ton as a bone. Can't believe the decline.. it hurts.
  6. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    27 Feb '08 22:12
    Originally posted by nmdavidb
    The Atlanta Falcons

Dave

wait...is this about soccer?
    I agree. I would have said Miami Dolphins last year, but they are at least going in a positive direction.
  7. Joined
    10 Nov '05
    Moves
    29 Feb '08 13:02
    Originally posted by ElleEffSeee

Seeing as Holloway's record so far is: WDLDLLLDWDLL, I'm thinking this list won't stop growing any time soon.
    Update: + WDWLLLWL - will he save his job with those 'W's?

Ian reveals his how his Churchill-esque motivational speeches can also incorporate topical news stories, such as the recent English earthquake:

I said to our lads 'We lost a game of football last week but what about that bloke who got hit by a chimney?'

Poor fella, wandering around minding his own business, there's an earthquake and a chimney falls on him. I mean come on, that is bad luck.

I was moaning about a dodgy penalty last weekend, but I'm a lot happier than that poor bloke.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/7269540.stm
  8. Joined
    10 Nov '05
    Moves
    12 Mar '08 13:00
    + WLDL and it's into the relegation zone for you Ian! Without games in hand it looks like you may be there to stay.
  9. 6yd box
    Moves
    12 Mar '08 13:15
    + WLDL and it's into the relegation zone for you Ian! Without games in hand it looks like you may be there to stay.
    i was wondering why you dont like mr. Holloway?
  10. Joined
    10 Nov '05
    Moves
    12 Mar '08 13:26
    Originally posted by spurs73
    i was wondering why you dont like mr. Holloway?
    I don't rate him as a manager at all, he's just too weak a person. My gripe is more with the LCFC board TBH. A classic case of a bunch of clueless idiots ruining a club and just causing misery for the fans.
  11. Standard memberTirau Dan
    Enjoying Life
    Tirau NZ
    Moves
    12 Mar '08 18:23
    Update: + WDWLLLWL - will he save his job with those 'W's?

Ian reveals his how his Churchill-esque motivational speeches can also incorporate topical news stories, such as the recent English earthquake:

I said to our lads 'We lost a game of football last week but what about that bloke who got hit by a chimney?'

Poor fella, wandering around mi ...[text shortened]... happier than that poor bloke.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/7269540.stm
    lol.. Good One.
    is this Leister City (that Saints scraped home against yesterday).. hard at the bottom of the coke. ugh sympathy!
  12. Bramall Lane
    Moves
    12 Mar '08 18:58
    A classic case of a bunch of clueless idiots ruining a club and just causing misery for the fans.[/b]
    ...but isn't this the case at 95% of football clubs?
  13. Cavan, Ireland
    Moves
    12 Mar '08 19:29
    Originally posted by jacko13
    Ericson lasted long enough. It wasn't that bad. Before that though they went through quite a few managers quite quickly.

look at ROI they have a habit of bringing in mangers with a bad reputation (or none i.e.Steve Staunton) and making it worse (McCarthy, Kerr)
    and now Trappatoni because we have money now from an investor, before this we couldn't afford any big names, for Christ sake we're ranked 36 in the world why would a big name want to come to us.

McCarthy was a good manager.
  14. Joined
    10 Nov '05
    Moves
    12 Mar '08 20:33
    Originally posted by blade68
    ...but isn't this the case at 95% of football clubs?
    Yes but I have a hunch that the board in charge at Leicester are actually Coventry fans. The only way to stop Coventry going down is to make sure Leicester take their place! (Aside from the local rivalry...)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree