Do need a tissue? a lot of crying going on here
    analysis is not crying.

Use your head...or a dictionary.
  2. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 08:24
    "We didn't treat them like some Greek myth. There was no Godzilla out there.''
    David Tyree of the New York Giants after beating New England Patriots in the Superbowl.

D
  3. Joined
    23 Jul '06
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 15:34
    Hey
    horrible i think no pats fan should have to endure that
    im still pretty unhappy with the game did anyone elkse notice the
    amount of flags called on the giants just 2 and one of them bill belichick had to throw a flag to get it
  4. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 15:37
    Originally posted by tombrady12
    Hey
    amount of flags called on the giants just 2 and one of them bill belichick had to throw a flag to get it
    Nope. All I noticed was Tom Brady getting his arse kicked around the field by a great front four.
  5. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 15:50
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Nope. All I noticed was Tom Brady getting his arse kicked around the field by a great front four.
    with some help from a busted up ankle
  6. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 16:01
    Originally posted by uzless
    with some help from a busted up ankle
    Wrong.

Again.
  7. Joined
    29 Jul '01
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 17:011 edit
    Hey
    Most all fans of strong teams see their team lose to a lesser team. You do not like that new england lost is the only problem you have with the result. That is why they call it a upset. No team is unbeatable or has a guarantee that they will win. That is why they play the game. The offical box score is 4 penalties for 36 yds. for the Giants and 5 penalties for 35 yds. for new england. P.S. Are new england fans too good to suffer through a lose?
  8. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 17:07
    Wrong.

Again.
    What are you on about now? The guy had ankle problems and couldnt' run. He was in a frickin ankle cast in NY!?!

Brady couldn't move, so got sacked 5 times. In their undefeated run he could avoid the rush...in the superbowl he couldn't. Sure the rush was good but the ankle def played a role. Seems pretty clear there darvy boy.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/28/sports/football/28patriots.html?em&ex=1201669200&en=7448a356e31b3f26&ei=5087%0A

http://www.sbrforum.com/Previews/NFL/20080210NFL--NFC-------0.aspx

http://www.thetimes-tribune.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=19275703&BRD=2185&PAG=461&dept_id=422129&rfi=15
  9. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 18:28
    Had a chess game at lunch so didn't get to finish the above post.

FACT: Brady had an ankle injury.

FACT: NYGiants knew he had an ankle injury

So, if you're the Giants defensive co-ordinator the first thing you're telling your D-line is to forget about containing the QB since it's highly unlikely he'll be able to get out of the pocket effectively. So on a passing down, just rush the QB and go for the sack boys!

Additionaly, the Giants knew it would also be unlikely Brady would be calling any plays where he had to roll out to his left or right since his ankle was hurt. So, if i'm a lineman i'm going straight at QB every down.

I'm surprised they didn't get MORE sacks.

What was the stated reason Brady didn't go to the Superbowl? Ankle Injury....nuff said.

Correct, for once.
  10. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 18:31
    What's wrong was that you claimed it was "busted". Sure, his ankle was hurt. But he wasn't the only one playing with injuries and he or the rest of the Patriots certainly didn't point any blame on it like other people are quick to do.

NYG won the game fair and square. They brought the pressure all day. The Pats O-line couldn't stop it. The hurt ankle was inconsequential to the outcome of the game.
  11. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    13 Feb '08 19:521 edit
    What's wrong was that you claimed it was "busted".

They brought the pressure all day.
    I would have been pretty stupid to imply busted meant broken. Thought it was obvious i meant damaged/hurting. Perhaps not.

Of course they brought pressure all day...I would too if i knew the QB was having mobility problems..wouldn't you?

Never minimized the D-lines effort. They did their job well. But a QB with a hurting ankle disrupts the types of offensive plays that can be called and minimizes the types of plays a defense has to consider, allowing them to be more aggressive. No one on the NEP side are going to blame the loss on a hurt ankle, nor should they. You have to adapt and overcome and the NEP didn't adapt. Screen plays anyone?

I don't know how it can be viewed as inconsequential to the game but then again, i'm not a smart man.
  12. 1313mockingbirdlane
    Moves
    16 Feb '08 23:49
    Hey
    :'(
  13. 1313mockingbirdlane
    Moves
    16 Feb '08 23:51
    🙂
  14. Standard memberScotty70
    Maddog1213
    Central Office
    Moves
    17 Feb '08 02:25
    Originally posted by fred garcia
    🙂
    The best part of the game was watching Brady eat the turf over and over and over again.
  15. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    17 Feb '08 06:55
    Originally posted by Scotty70
    The best part of the game was watching Brady eat the turf over and over and over again.
    Hear, HEAR!!!!!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree