1. Joined
    08 Aug '09
    Moves
    01 Oct '13 01:192 edits
    If TWO NFL teams went undefeated all the way to the superbowl? I'm looking at this and if the Seahawks beat my Colts next weekend I don't see any challenge for them they can't overcome. If they continue to get healthy and avoid any more major injuries they should be around full strength to take on the Falcons and completely ready to go at San Francisco. Then you have the Broncos in the AFC and who is really going to beat them? KC? Patriots? Maybe, but if they make it through those games I don't see them losing to anybody else.

That would be a crazy way for the '72 to lose their status as the only team to go undefeated throughout an entire season including the SB... they would know before the SB even ended that their run was over.

I realize it is only week 4 and anything can happen but it would be kinda awesome to see a showdown of undefeated teams in the SB.
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    01 Oct '13 04:41
    Originally posted by MISTER CHESS
    If TWO NFL teams went undefeated all the way to the superbowl? I'm looking at this and if the Seahawks beat my Colts next weekend I don't see any challenge for them they can't overcome. If they continue to get healthy and avoid any more major injuries they should be around full strength to take on the Falcons and completely ready to go at San Francisco. ...[text shortened]... ything can happen but it would be kinda awesome to see a showdown of undefeated teams in the SB.
    Seattle, Detroit, SF, Chicago, New Orleans, Atlanta and San Diego all look like contenders
    as of Week #4. NE, Houston, Miami, NYG look risky. Colts, I could go either way. (imo)
  3. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    03 Oct '13 19:39
    If TWO NFL teams went undefeated all the way to the superbowl? I'm looking at this and if the Seahawks beat my Colts next weekend I don't see any challenge for them they can't overcome. If they continue to get healthy and avoid any more major injuries they should be around full strength to take on the Falcons and completely ready to go at San Francisco. ...[text shortened]... ything can happen but it would be kinda awesome to see a showdown of undefeated teams in the SB.
    Mister Chess- Interesting idea, but one thing we here in Seattle learned in following the Seahawks for 35+ years is "DONT BELIEVE THE HYPE! The Seasissies couldn't win a superbowl if you gave them the entire pro bowl team! They're a no class organization with "born to lose" tattoed on their foreheads!
  4. Joined
    08 Aug '09
    Moves
    03 Oct '13 19:44
    Originally posted by bill718
    Mister Chess- Interesting idea, but one thing we here in Seattle learned in following the Seahawks for 35+ years is "DONT BELIEVE THE HYPE! The Seasissies couldn't win a superbowl if you gave them the entire pro bowl team! They're a no class organization with "born to lose" tattoed on their foreheads!
    That may be so but the organization was completely washed out for a new one in 2010, correct? They have a QB who shows nothing but humility and class and they have a tough mentality as a whole which they showed by coming back against the Texans in OT.

I don't know what hype is. I'm a football junkie, I watch game film and grade teams on my own. I use other power rankings as a reference so that I'm not busy watching teams like the Jags or Giants.
  5. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    04 Oct '13 00:18
    That may be so but the organization was completely washed out for a new one in 2010, correct? They have a QB who shows nothing but humility and class and they have a tough mentality as a whole which they showed by coming back against the Texans in OT.

I don't know what hype is. I'm a football junkie, I watch game film and grade teams on my own. I use ...[text shortened]... other power rankings as a reference so that I'm not busy watching teams like the Jags or Giants.
    It would be cool to see Manning beat the patriots twice in one season.
  6. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    04 Oct '13 14:20
    It would also be crazy to see the Browns and Lions face-off in their first Super Bowl's ever that would be awesome! The last time the Browns won anything was in 1964. And the last time the Lions won anything wasn't 57.
  7. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    04 Oct '13 15:54
    It would be better to see Houston win one since they never have won, or even been a participant in the Super Bowl.
  8. Joined
    08 Aug '09
    Moves
    04 Oct '13 18:312 edits
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    It would be better to see Houston win one since they never have won, or even been a participant in the Super Bowl.
    It would be better to see Houston win one if you are a fan of Houston, otherwise nobody really cares about the Texans except for the fans of any team they happen to be playing each week.

Houston has earned their disrespect by having so much talent yet posting such a mediocre record in their last nine games and everybody wants to blame Shaub but the reality of it is that Kubiak couldn't coach a ray of light through a sheet of transparent glass.
  9. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    04 Oct '13 22:011 edit
    It would be better to see Houston win one if you are a fan of Houston, otherwise nobody really cares about the Texans except for the fans of any team they happen to be playing each week.

Houston has earned their disrespect by having so much talent yet posting such a mediocre record in their last nine games and everybody wants to blame Shaub bu ...[text shortened]... reality of it is that Kubiak couldn't coach a ray of light through a sheet of transparent glass.
    Excuse me, but the Houston Oilers were here before the Houston Texans.
    They did get screwed out of a trip to the Super Bowl with the infamous
    Mike Renfro call in the end zone by the zebras.

Secondly, why does anyone care about any team other than their own?

And, you obviously haven't got a clue on Kubiak. Gary isn't throwing pick six
    in three consecutive games. Schaub is not an elite QB and never has been.
    He is a system QB and nothing more. He does not have the stones to carry
    a team. He also lacks the mental toughness to be a top flight QB. That
    being said, we have been able to make up for his shortcomings (he also
    cannot run and his deep passing is mediocre at best), with excellent backs
    and one go to WR and excellent TE's. Now we may have added a second
    go to WR. Now if Shaub can get it to the receivers, we can motor with anyone.
    We just can't go all in on Schaub.
  10. Joined
    08 Aug '09
    Moves
    04 Oct '13 23:16
    Excuse me, but the Houston Oilers were here before the Houston Texans.
    They did get screwed out of a trip to the Super Bowl with the infamous
    Mike Renfro call in the end zone by the zebras.

Secondly, why does anyone care about any team other than their own?

And, you obviously haven't got a clue on Kubiak. Gary isn't throwing pick six
    in three c ...[text shortened]... Shaub can get it to the receivers, we can motor with anyone.
    We just can't go all in on Schaub.
    Excuse me for not realizing that the oilers are suberbowl contenders this decade.

I'm sure most football fans are watching the top teams play every week and Houston would be in this category if Kubiak could coach.

I never said Shaub was the greatest I stated that he is not to blame. I understand you are a Texans fan, correct? Well, it is funny how people forget the comeback win against the chargers that was orchestrated by Shaub.

The Texans ran for 150 yards on the seahawks and with minutes left in the game he shows no confidence in the defense and elects to call a pass play instead of running for it on third and four? Shaub had been throwing at the feet of his receivers all day when he was pressured but he was throwing off his back foot because of the pressure by kam chancellor. He should have are the sack but he also shouldn't have even been in that position.
  11. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    04 Oct '13 23:31
    The 4 teams that have not been to a SB are the lions, jags, texans, and browns.
  12. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    04 Oct '13 23:38
    I just realized the browns were 0-2 and now are 3-2. They could make the playoffs.
  13. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    05 Oct '13 05:19
    I said HOUSTON has never been to the Super Bowl (that includes the Oilers
    and the Texans). I never said the Oilers were playing now.

Dude, you are out of your league discussing Schaub with me.
    I have seen EVERY play, both pre-season and regular season that he has
    played since he joined the Texans. He has never been anything more than a
    serviceable system QB. You keep knocking Kubiak, but do you know how many
    times Schaub checks off the play at the line?

Kubiak is not making the bad reads, he is not trying to thread the ball into
    tight coverage, and he is not tossing pick six's three games in a row. You
    can say he is good for 2 or 3 quarters and then he has a monster bad quarter.
    His scrambling ability is pathetic. His O-Line last season had 3 all pro's on it.
    He is not a threat to run the ball either, so the defenses are teeing off.
    He has happy feet and he is never going to be a premier QB....period!!
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    05 Oct '13 07:18

serviceabl ...[text shortened]... defenses are teeing off.
    Sadly, my perception too.
  15. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    05 Oct '13 13:351 edit

serviceabl ...[text shortened]... defenses are teeing off.
    The Oilers win championships in 60 and 61 but before there were super Bowls. 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree