1. Standard memberScotty70
    Maddog1213
    Central Office
    Moves
    09 Oct '07 03:30
    Yanks are about to get tossed out of the playoffs and I couldn't be happier but can someone tell my why the camera focuses on hin whenever the Indians score? We all know he is going to get tossed out on his can as well, so is the media expecting him to start bawling or something?
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    09 Oct '07 12:12
    Originally posted by Scotty70
    Yanks are about to get tossed out of the playoffs and I couldn't be happier but can someone tell my why the camera focuses on hin whenever the Indians score? We all know he is going to get tossed out on his can as well, so is the media expecting him to start bawling or something?
    :'(:'(:'(:'(

Edit: Not that the above are tears of joy. Now we only need to beat those Red Sox and I will be a happy man. πŸ˜€
  3. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    09 Oct '07 13:32
    Originally posted by whodey
    :'(:'(:'(:'(

Edit: Not that the above are tears of joy. Now we only need to beat those Red Sox and I will be a happy man. πŸ˜€
    Indians scare me...

~Sox Fan
  4. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    09 Oct '07 14:07
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Indians scare me...

~Sox Fan
    You don't have much to be concerned with IMO. When you got Schilling as your #3 starter, I love your chances. I think the Indians did you guys a huge favor. I'm not sure the Sox wouldn't have wilted under the pressure had the Yanks come back and made it to the LCS.
    I think Boston takes it in 6.

The NL is where it really gets interesting. The D-Backs are the team to beat, but the Rockies are a team of destiny. Both are young, basically inexperienced, and have two of the 5 smallest payrolls in MLB. But neither team knows the meaning of quit and they both scratch and claw for everything they get. I think this one could go 7 games. It should be a fun series to watch.
  5. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    10 Oct '07 06:14
    Kind of makes the Yankees method of building a team pretty trite..

Just keep throwing more money at the players!
  6. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    10 Oct '07 13:34
    Originally posted by SmookieP
    Kind of makes the Yankees method of building a team pretty trite..

Just keep throwing more money at the players!
    This might be the first time in a LONG time where they step back a little, develop their farm system... and get young. If they continue to pay 30 and 40 some'pns they are going to continue being what they are now... tired come October, one and done.

P-
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Oct '07 14:43
    the yankees have gotten a lot younger. Last year that got rid of Randy Johnson and Gary Sheffield (both guys who ended up getting hurt and would not have been able to play in the post season anyway). They have Cano and Cabrera as every day players. They most Giambi from first base. They added Hughes and Chamberlain as regulars. They had Olondorf on the playoff roster and would have had Ian Kennedy too but he was hurt. i don't think they lost because they were old. The yankees lost because their ace pitched poorly twice and the did not hit.
  8. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    10 Oct '07 15:34
    Originally posted by poundlee
    the yankees have gotten a lot younger. Last year that got rid of Randy Johnson and Gary Sheffield (both guys who ended up getting hurt and would not have been able to play in the post season anyway). They have Cano and Cabrera as every day players. They most Giambi from first base. They added Hughes and Chamberlain as regulars. They had Olondorf on the ...[text shortened]... se they were old. The yankees lost because their ace pitched poorly twice and the did not hit.
    14 runs in 3 games and a team batting average of .228 wasn't much help either. Yes, they have some young players... and I'm thinking they're going to get even younger now.

Boy, did Chin ever poop the bed!

P
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Oct '07 15:45
    i think you are right about the yankees getting younger and wang not being good. And they did not get any help from your boy Roger Clemens (think there will still be whispers of steriod use when he is wearing his red sox hat and inducted into the hall of fame?)
  10. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    10 Oct '07 16:19
    i think you are right about the yankees getting younger and wang not being good. And they did not get any help from your boy Roger Clemens (think there will still be whispers of steriod use when he is wearing his red sox hat and inducted into the hall of fame?)
    Although he got most of his wins with the Sox, I don't believe he wants or will be forced to wear a Sox hat. His choice will be a Yankee cap, I would have to think.

P-
  11. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    10 Oct '07 17:41
    Although he got most of his wins with the Sox, I don't believe he wants or will be forced to wear a Sox hat. His choice will be a Yankee cap, I would have to think.

P-
    He no longer has the choice. The committee now makes those decisions after the Dave Winfield debacle.
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Oct '07 18:06
    he will be wearing a red sox hat. A-rod could be the most interesting case because he is pretty much hated in seattle and He could be wearing a mariners hat.
  13. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    10 Oct '07 18:131 edit
    he will be wearing a red sox hat. A-rod could be the most interesting case because he is pretty much hated in seattle and He could be wearing a mariners hat.
    Do you have a link to anything saying he would wear a Sox hat?

P-

Found One:

http://espn.go.com/mlb/news/2003/0615/1568234.html

Seems like there will be a bigger piss-flip if they don't let him wear a Yanks hat. I think it would look stupid having him in a Sox hat, even though most of his accomplishments were done in that hat (outside of winning 2 rings)
  14. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    10 Oct '07 19:58
    Do you have a link to anything saying he would wear a Sox hat?

P-

Found One:

http://espn.go.com/mlb/news/2003/0615/1568234.html

Seems like there will be a bigger piss-flip if they don't let him wear a Yanks hat. I think it would look stupid having him in a Sox hat, even though most of his accomplishments were done in that hat (outside of winning 2 rings)
    Granted he won 3 CY awards and 1 MVP in Boston, but he also won 2 CY's in Toronto(where he may have done his best pitching overall), he won 1 CY and two rings in NY, and then the one CY in Houston. You could make a case for any of the first three teams, but I believe it will be Boston or NY for the hat, and the bet is on Boston because he had the longest tenure there and nearly the same accomplishments. It is close to a coin flip though.
  15. Standard memberChaswray
    NUTTING BUSTER
    Baseball Purgatory
    Moves
    10 Oct '07 22:12
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    [b]You don't have much to be concerned with IMO. When you got Schilling as your #3 starter, I love your chances.
    I think Boston takes it in 6.
    I wouldn't sell the Indians top 3 starters too short, Sabathia, Carmona and Byrd with Westbrook waiting in the wings! It should be a great series......I say Indians in sevenπŸ˜‰

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree