1. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    22 Dec '08 00:11
    Originally posted by uzless
    How much more money will they spend?

They Jays signed Clement to a minor league contract.

When the hell will this league implement a real salary cap and revenue sharing so that the rest of the league has more than the faint hope clause to cling to?
    Originally posted by uzless
    How much more money will they spend?

They Jays signed Clement to a minor league contract.

When the hell will this league implement a real salary cap and revenue sharing so that the rest of the league has more than the faint hope clause to cling to?

Spending a lot of money to "buy" a championship isn't as easy as it sounds. If the superstars you sign have a serious injury and-or have a rapid decline in their skills, you're stuck paying huge buckets of money to mediocre players - and there's almost no way you can trade them (even if they're still productive) because no one wants their contracts.

This approach also gives you a team of guys in their 30s (and even their 40s). Even if you make smart choices, you still have guys on the back half of their career and the risks of injury and breakdown are greater. Older players also tend to be slower and less proficient defensively.

This is why almost every year features a team like Colorado or Tampa Bay which comes out of nowhere and goes deep into post-season with a bunch of people no one's ever heard of - These guys are young, fast, durable, and getting better each season. The downside of this approach is that it's very hard to predict which of the young players will blossom - which is why teams like Colorado and Tampa Bay are usually bad.
  2. Madison Square Garde
    Moves
    22 Dec '08 01:141 edit
    Originally posted by tombrady12
    I hate teams like the yankees who think they can buy their way to a championship. I may be byist because i am a Red Sox fan but look at the way the sox won in 2007. They Devolped players and made good draft choices. Terry Francona And Theo Epstein have done a great job making sure the Red Sox will be in the postseason hunt for years to come. I think the Yankees should trade a bunch of their washed up players for draft picks.
    What about Daisuke Matsuzaka 150.million ( 50 just to talk to him) Going after Texiera 7 yr 160 million. Check you facts you moron. Every body likes to take shots at the BEST. 26 Championships. When any of you bandwagoneers get close to this record then you might have something worthy to read. bunch of a-holes.
  3. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    22 Dec '08 02:09
    Originally posted by YEAH BOY
    What about Daisuke Matsuzaka 150.million ( 50 just to talk to him) Going after Texiera 7 yr 160 million. Check you facts you moron. Every body likes to take shots at the BEST. 26 Championships. When any of you bandwagoneers get close to this record then you might have something worthy to read. bunch of a-holes.
    typical new york
  4. Madison Square Garde
    Moves
    22 Dec '08 04:55
    Originally posted by PocketKings
    typical new york
    Thought I'd be hearing from you dumd brain
  5. Madison Square Garde
    Moves
    22 Dec '08 05:003 edits
    Originally posted by PocketKings
    typical new york
    Unlike the low life philly fans. Not to mention the entire population of phily.Detroit is a better city. Less Spagetti bendersGrease Balls)
  6. SubscriberSmookieP
    Lead, Follow, or..
    Saint Petersburg, FL
    Moves
    22 Dec '08 07:09
    Originally posted by YEAH BOY
    Unlike the low life philly fans. Not to mention the entire population of phily.Detroit is a better city. Less Spagetti bendersGrease Balls)
    3 edits to type that garbage? I agree.. typical New York!
  7. Standard memberChaswray
    NUTTING BUSTER
    Baseball Purgatory
    Moves
    22 Dec '08 11:26
    Originally posted by SmookieP
    Forgive the New York fan, he knows not how to spellšŸ˜³
  8. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    22 Dec '08 17:42
    Originally posted by SmookieP
    Detroit, didn't they used to have a football team too?

P-

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree