1. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    03 Jun '07 18:39
    Originally posted by asromacalcio
    Unsurprising.

Can I ask you a question, which is not bitter nor intended to get at you?

Would you swap? Would you have Liverpool in the same position of strength Chelsea are in, Abramovich and all, but have a squad of players who hadn't paid up? Or is it more important to have magnanimous players on the side?

I bet pro footballers are approached daily to give to this and that... who's to say they don't donate in other places?
    See my previous post. It's not a "Chelsea" thing. The title referred to the 300 odd players who didn't stump up, be they from Chelsea, Liverpool or any other team.
  2. Joined
    26 Nov '03
    Moves
    03 Jun '07 18:59
    Originally posted by blade68
    Not when you consider how much publicity has surrounded it.
    I think you are seriously underestimating how much of a success (well done to those that did contribute) over 40% was. I seriously doubt that over 40% of the british (and other nations) public (yes I did doante, ok only £25 but it all adds up) donated to the Tsumani charity appeal and that had infinitely more publicity
  3. LA
    Moves
    03 Jun '07 20:14
    Originally posted by stevetodd
    I think you are seriously underestimating how much of a success (well done to those that did contribute) over 40% was. I seriously doubt that over 40% of the british (and other nations) public (yes I did doante, ok only £25 but it all adds up) donated to the Tsumani charity appeal and that had infinitely more publicity
    You donated £25, well done to you.
    If we had all followed your example a lot more money would have been raised for the Tsumani charity appeal.

Why don't you also show your appreciation to this chess site that you love and play so many games in and pay even less money to become a member?

If every member who plays over 300 games followed your example and played for free, the site would no longer exist.
  4. Standard memberpulu2
    pulu <3
    Helsinki, Finland
    Moves
    03 Jun '07 21:43
    hmm, all the Fulham's and West Ham's players paid..
  5. Joined
    16 Oct '06
    Moves
    03 Jun '07 23:39
    Originally posted by pulu2
    hmm, all the Fulham's and West Ham's players paid..
    Apparently Cookie donated extra and spoke to the players about donating because of the quality care he received after his car accident.

I think good on 'em. They're in a unique position to be able to significantly contribute to helping someone else and they took the opportunity.

I guess this just illustrates why the players signed for Chelsea in the first place........$$$.........
  6. LA
    Moves
    04 Jun '07 00:11
    Originally posted by Crita
    Apparently Cookie donated extra and spoke to the players about donating because of the quality care he received after his car accident.

I think good on 'em. They're in a unique position to be able to significantly contribute to helping someone else and they took the opportunity.

I guess this just illustrates why the players signed for Chelsea in the first place........$$$.........
    It's probably a little unfair to single out Chelski.

I would guess that most of their players can't read or write English, so they probably didn't know about it.

The rest ala Terry and Lampard are too busy learning a new foreign language like Spanish and Italian for next season.

I can't think of any excuse though for someone that plays on RHP for nearly 4 years, claims to give money to charity yet doesn't have the decency to pay the minimal subscription fee for this chess site.
  7. Joined
    26 Nov '03
    Moves
    04 Jun '07 06:181 edit
    Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
    You donated £25, well done to you.
    If we had all followed your example a lot more money would have been raised for the Tsumani charity appeal.

Why don't you also show your appreciation to this chess site that you love and play so many games in and pay even less money to become a member?

If every member who plays over 300 games followed your example and played for free, the site would no longer exist.
    I was a subsciber here for 3 years (as well as both on gameknot and chessgames at the same time both for 2 years) in fact I haven't played a game since not subscribing that was started as a non subscriber, so nearly all of those 300+ games were as a subscriber apart from the first few games on the site when I first found it. Although I will carry on playing occassional cc games I now want to focus on my otb game which I started playing 2 seasons ago (I started with cc then went on to otb, which I guess is the reverse of most players). So there isn't really any point in subscribing any more as I will not be playing more than a few games at a time. Hope you now realise that my post in the other thread was not aimed at you (re the why is Rooney such a loser thread)
  8. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    04 Jun '07 12:22
    A show about the campaign is on Channel 4, this Thursday at 9pm.

D
  9. Standard memberasromacalcio
    asromacalcio
    Almaty, Kazakhstan
    Moves
    04 Jun '07 15:50
    Originally posted by stevetodd
    Only 225!? That's over 40% which is a huge response
    And a lot of dosh too!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree