Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Sports Forum

Sports Forum

1. Standard member uzless
    The So Fist
    17 Jul '08 19:39
    Guys in their first 3 years that you think have Hall of Fame written on them.

Tim Lincecum
    Josh Hamilton
  2. 17 Jul '08 20:05
    Lincecum has 18 career wins. Josh Hamilton has 204 career hits. Can we hold off a bit on Hall of Fame talk? Last year you would have named Troy Tulowitzki (who may still be great) but it is a bit dumb just guessing now.
  3. 17 Jul '08 20:10
    I'm not touching this thread... 3 years? Waaaay too hard to tell...
  4. Standard member PocketKings
    Banned from edits
    17 Jul '08 22:18
    Ryan Howard
    Chase Utley

- I'm a homer
  5. 18 Jul '08 06:46
    Originally posted by uzless
    Guys in their first 3 years that you think have Hall of Fame written on them.

Tim Lincecum
    Josh Hamilton
    Actually Josh Hamilton is not in his first 3 years. He was drafted I think in 2000 or 2001 and was out of baseball for 3 years due to his addictions.
  6. Standard member uzless
    The So Fist
    18 Jul '08 18:32
    Originally posted by JohnLennonForever
    Actually Josh Hamilton is not in his first 3 years. He was drafted I think in 2000 or 2001 and was out of baseball for 3 years due to his addictions.
    ug, first real year....will that do?
  7. Standard member uzless
    The So Fist
    18 Jul '08 18:33
    Originally posted by darvlay
    I'm not touching this thread... 3 years? Waaaay too hard to tell...
    what??? something you DON'T have an opinion on? Come on Darv...yer gettin soft
  8. Standard member uzless
    The So Fist
    18 Jul '08 18:35
    Originally posted by jofaz
    Lincecum has 18 career wins. Josh Hamilton has 204 career hits. Can we hold off a bit on Hall of Fame talk? Last year you would have named Troy Tulowitzki (who may still be great) but it is a bit dumb just guessing now.
    The SPorts forum is devoid of anything substantial...just like the Culture Forum.

Why don't you add a Thread worth discussing instead of complaining then?
  9. 18 Jul '08 18:51
    Originally posted by uzless
    The SPorts forum is devoid of anything substantial...just like the Culture Forum.

Why don't you add a Thread worth discussing instead of complaining then?
    I am not complaining. But I think you completely trivialize what it means to be an all time great when you talk about guys who have play a (singular) season.
  10. 18 Jul '08 20:38
    Evan Longoria