1. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Nov '12 11:352 edits
    anyone see the game? was it not a pure joy to behold? Few players in a mans lifetime
    manage to cross the threshold of pure genius, Maradonna, Zidane, Messi, McFadden,
    but it was football as an art form that we witnessed in the Sweden v England game, a
    joy to behold. I like the new look England, they have got rid of not a few prize
    megalomaniacs and hopefully they will go on to offer top notch entertainment with
    many defeats in the future, thanks Roy! thanks England! perhaps some of their players
    may even give up their duel nationality and actually be English!
  2. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    16 Nov '12 14:31
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    anyone see the game? was it not a pure joy to behold? Few players in a mans lifetime
    manage to cross the threshold of pure genius, Maradonna, Zidane, Messi, McFadden,
    but it was football as an art form that we witnessed in the Sweden v England game, a
    joy to behold. I like the new look England, they have got rid of not a few prize
    megaloma ...[text shortened]... perhaps some of their players
    may even give up their duel nationality and actually be English!
    he had a decent game, but i think people are going over the top about him. very poor defending and goalkeeping had more to do with his goals. his over head kick showed great technique, but was not a great goal, open goals are never great goals. other than the gifts he was given by englands defense he showed some good movement but little else.
    england did show some green shoots of promise, although we'll never win anything until we see some decent forwards coming through.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Nov '12 15:38
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    he had a decent game, but i think people are going over the top about him. very poor defending and goalkeeping had more to do with his goals. his over head kick showed great technique, but was not a great goal, open goals are never great goals. other than the gifts he was given by englands defense he showed some good movement but little else.
    england ...[text shortened]... of promise, although we'll never win anything until we see some decent forwards coming through.
    was not a great goal? its was the third best goal I have ever seen, behind Archie Gemmels gaol against Holland and James McFaddens goal against France.
  4. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    16 Nov '12 19:56
    was not a great goal? its was the third best goal I have ever seen, behind Archie Gemmels gaol against Holland and James McFaddens goal against France.
    what about gazza, euro 96 flick over colin hendry and volley into the bottom corner. i bet thats in your top 10.
  5. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    16 Nov '12 21:53
    what about gazza, euro 96 flick over colin hendry and volley into the bottom corner. i bet thats in your top 10.
    lol both were nice goals 😉

Zlatan was always underrated in England... maybe because he never performed agained English clubs in Europe, i don't know... crappy players don't win the league in Italy and Spain with top clubs. He's not of of the greatest players the world has ever seen but he does rank in the second tier of players playing at the moment.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Nov '12 22:54
    96, lol, it happens, but no it wasn't in my top one thousand.
  7. Standard membersasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    Walking the earth.
    Moves
    16 Nov '12 23:45
    I think it was the best goal I've ever seen. Tony Yeboah had one, off his chest, knee, and a volley. John Harkes' goal of the year. Johann Cruyff scored in the '74 World Cup from a header about the same distance as Ibrahimovic. But Ibrahimovc's imagination, creativity, style, and flair - this goal has Togo down as one of the all-time greats.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Nov '12 18:09
    Originally posted by sasquatch672
    I think it was the best goal I've ever seen. Tony Yeboah had one, off his chest, knee, and a volley. John Harkes' goal of the year. Johann Cruyff scored in the '74 World Cup from a header about the same distance as Ibrahimovic. But Ibrahimovc's imagination, creativity, style, and flair - this goal has Togo down as one of the all-time greats.
    yes being against England made it all the more sweeter 🙂
  9. In your face
    Moves
    18 Nov '12 16:55
    england ...[text shortened]... of promise, although we'll never win anything until we see some decent forwards coming through.
    Never heard of him.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree