1. Joined
    27 Feb '13
    Moves
    23 Nov '15 06:47
    Aren't I guaranteed to make it to the final match by assuring a split with my opponent by copying his White Strategy with my White pieces and his black defense with my black pieces? I would never do this, but it seems an inherent flaw in the 'draws advance both players' method. In other words, whatever he does - I copy and if it wins for him with white, it will win for me with white, right? Maybe tie scores should/could be handled differently? I don't know. Like I said, I would never do it (and you can look back on my games, I haven't done it), but I think about crap like this.
  2. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    24 Nov '15 16:33
    Originally posted by graven29
    Aren't I guaranteed to make it to the final match by assuring a split with my opponent by copying his White Strategy with my White pieces and his black defense with my black pieces? I would never do this, but it seems an inherent flaw in the 'draws advance both players' method. In other words, whatever he does - I copy and if it wins for him with white, it ...[text shortened]... do it (and you can look back on my games, I haven't done it), but I think about crap like this.
    I don't believe you've "thought about it" enough.He is white and plays e4
    You are black and play e6
    So when you are white you play e4.
    He responds nf3 -where do you go from there?
  3. Standard memberSteve45
    Mozart
    liverpool
    Moves
    27 Nov '15 14:17
    Originally posted by graven29
    Aren't I guaranteed to make it to the final match by assuring a split with my opponent by copying his White Strategy with my White pieces and his black defense with my black pieces? I would never do this, but it seems an inherent flaw in the 'draws advance both players' method. In other words, whatever he does - I copy and if it wins for him with white, it ...[text shortened]... do it (and you can look back on my games, I haven't done it), but I think about crap like this.
    Sorry to say, but that,s the most ridiculous post Ive ever read. Why would anyone want to copy moves from there first game you play with your opponent.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree