1. Berks.
    Moves
    19 Dec '06 09:05
    Originally posted by huckleberryhound
    I've just noticed that open invites are working the same way as tournaments, namely i am elligable to play >1400 games, maybe someone can debunk or confirm this for me.
    I've just had a quick check and I can only accept games based on my current rating, not the higher rating.
  2. Joined
    24 Oct '06
    Moves
    19 Dec '06 22:03
    Count from one to ten. That the time it takes for Chuck Norris to Kill You, .... 47 times
  3. Standard memberspud2048
    Rooney 8
    LA
    Moves
    03 Jan '07 06:21
    I think simply having a rule that states you cannot enter a tournament 250 points below your maximum ever will solve this problem.

People who become incative and have a big rating drop will very quickly be able to get within 250 points of their max rating just by using open invites or joining a clan and should be able to do this over one or two months.

Not a high price to pay, 2 months without tournaments and it solves the problem of the sandbaggers.

It does need to be about 250 points or maybe even 300.
    I'm a 1600 player and took on a clan match (in good faith) without checking his graph against a 950 player.
    I thought maybe his clan leader just wanted his player to gain some experience.
    In reality the player was consistently at 1800+, then over a 3 day period he droped from 1800 to 950, wtf?

I'm going to take a 60 point hit here in these two games, so a player can drop 300 points+ if you have a bad run, but if the player was good enough to get their max rating, to get back within 250 points of it should not take very long.

You should be able to beat a player 250 points below you 9 out of 10 times. So play games at your artificially low rating and you'll get lots of 15 to 30 point gains quite quickly and be back to within 250 of your max rating in no time.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree