1. Standard memberRedmike
    Godless Commie
    Glasgow
    Moves
    13 Jan '05 10:321 edit
    This tournament was dragging a bit, and I'd been keeping an eye on the 2 remaining games.
    In one, Game 425976, a resignation was finally forthcoming.
    In the other, Game 425973, an obvious draw, I was waiting for common sense to prevail and we could all get on with the rest of the tournament.
    But no, black resigned in the 2nd of these games.
    WTF is going on here?
  2. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    14 Jan '05 00:26
    That's at least 'strange', indeed. Such high rated players must know a king with a bishop cannot put a lonely king into checkmate. Indeed, it should be a draw. And resigning with an advantage of so many pawns, that's just plain silly.

Guess they agreed to these results so both could advance into the next round?
  3. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    14 Jan '05 00:32
    Well, more silly things happen for reasons unknown to me. I am playing for The Veggies in the 14-day clan league. I have seen results of some of my teammates which could be marked as 'strange' too; agreeing to draws against (quite) lower rated players after just a few moves without any loss of pieces. For me trying hard to get some points against higher rated players just to keep clear of the nearby relegation spots, thats not something to get charmed about...
  4. Standard memberRavello
    The Rude©
    who knows?
    Moves
    14 Jan '05 00:321 edit
    Originally posted by Redmike
    This tournament was dragging a bit, and I'd been keeping an eye on the 2 remaining games.
    In one, Game 425976, a resignation was finally forthcoming.
    In the other, Game 425973, an obvious draw, I was waiting for common sens ...[text shortened]... black resigned in the 2nd of these games.
    WTF is going on here?
  5. Standard memberSbecspeledrX
    Pencampwr Maes-e
    Treffynnon.
    Moves
    14 Jan '05 00:40
    Perhaps the bishop game is a computer user begging and pleading not to be reported and so conceding a drawn position as lost. In the other game it is the lone king who resigned.
  6. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Jan '05 00:46
    Originally posted by Aiko
    That's at least 'strange', indeed. Such high rated players must know a king with a bishop cannot put a lonely king into checkmate. Indeed, it should be a draw. And resigning with an advantage of so many pawns, that's just plain silly.

Guess they agreed to these results so both could advance into the next round?
    WTF has it got to do with you Aiko. You aren't even playing in that tourney and I object to the tone of your post and the innuendo. You dont know the background so you dont know what you're talking about. RedMike has had an answer via PM because it affects him directly but you are just s##t stirring. Mind your own business and you'll be better thought of...... and thats all I have to say about that to a little kilt lifting maggot like you.

skeeter
  7. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    14 Jan '05 19:571 edit
    Originally posted by skeeter...... and thats all I have to say about that to a little kilt lifting maggot like you.[/b]
    ?

Aren't you the charming one. Just because it is 'not of my business' that does not mean I cannot have an opinion about this and to find it just strange to see these results.

RedMike has brought up this fact in a public forum to discuss, and I am participating as I think I am free to do so. No need to attack me personally and calling me names, I have not done that towards you, have I?

Even though these particular results don't affect me, I am experiencing similar results myself of other players that do effect me in some sort of way. Nothing to be upset about, but still results that are questionable. I can imagine people are questioning the results of both games with you participating in it.

Instead of trying to be really rude to me, why not just explain these results to make people understand, as it is brought up in public.
  8. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Jan '05 20:391 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

9. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    14 Jan '05 21:24
    Originally posted by skeeter
    But nooo, you just grandstanded as faggoty little poofs tend to do. Well you know naff all about chess a less about me. So go and rattle someone else's cage you squirmy piece of weasel faeces.[/b]
    Now you are doing it again. What makes it fair calling me a 'little poof' and 'weasel faeces' just because I have an opinion based on something I found questionable that just happened to be partly about you? There is no need to do so and makes you level in human socialization quite clear, I guess...

I did not claim you and your opponent agreed to a deal. I was questioning if that was the case. Hence the question mark! No accusation here or to interpret it like that, that went further than the original question by Redmike. I am not saying "Skeeter, you are a cheating poof", that would not only be silly, but it would be a conclusion based on nothing. I was questioning based on what I saw, which means it is open for discussion. For instance a contribution on your behalf explaining the results as they are. If you are interested, that is. If not, that's fine, but do not call people names just because they think something strange happened.

But say I accuse you openly, could you defend yourself in this matter then? Just because I am curious as Redmike is...? Please, hold your insults this time.
  10. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Jan '05 04:35

11. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    15 Jan '05 04:56
    Congrats on getting 100 recs skeeter 🙂.
  12. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Jan '05 05:13

13. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Moves
    15 Jan '05 06:33
    You're welcome I think 🙂.
  14. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    15 Jan '05 13:371 edit
    Originally posted by skeeter
    Nah! You can get stuffed. It's not possible to be able to hold a valid opinion if you're ignorant of the facts, and you are on both counts.
    You probably mean by 'facts' the reason why the results are like they are. Obviously, since you have been able only to insult someone instead of making that person understand, I indeed don't know these reasons. I am just curious to know and don't understand why you behave like that. Dit I really struck oil with my remarks since you try to avoid going into it in debth and just insulting me and saying I can get stuffed? That's the easy way, indeed... I only see the results - for me the facts! - as they are and I know they should not be like that.

Gee, what is wrong with you?! Why not just explain what the reasons are if you feel attacked? You can talk to me in a normal fashion without acting like a small child with large problems of socializing. If you don't want to explain them, just say so and that's fine, but stop that name calling. And I thought the fora where about descent discussions in a dignified mather... Guess I am wrong.

Since everybody is keeping low; it's okay for other people to back me up on this one!!
  15. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Jan '05 02:41
    Originally posted by Aiko
    ....Since everybody is keeping low; it's okay for other people to back me up on this one!!
    Well, I gave it a good 12 hours to accomodate both your call for re-inforcements and the time zone diff's but it looks like you're on your own boyo. So, the tackle count is : C3PO's : Zip - skeeter : 1

skeeter

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree