1. Joined
    04 Jul '07
    Moves
    27 Jul '07 09:312 edits
    I just timed out someone in a tournament in a couple of games that were at less than 3 moves. The games wound up unrated.

Is this really the way it should work? Doesn't it allow an abuse of the tournament system: just sign up for every tournament available, and then if you don't really feel like playing one, just don't move and it has no effect on your rating?

edit: Title should have been "Tournament games less than 3 moves are unrated?" (except I used the symbol for less than... forum software cut it off both in the title and in the post itself without warning)
  2. USA
    Moves
    30 Jul '07 03:55
    Originally posted by incandenza
    I just timed out someone in a tournament in a couple of games that were at less than 3 moves. The games wound up unrated.

Is this really the way it should work? Doesn't it allow an abuse of the tournament system: just sign up for every tournament available, and then if you don't really feel like playing one, just don't move and it has no effect on yo ...[text shortened]... han... forum software cut it off both in the title and in the post itself without warning)
    maybe. but you still get the win added to your total wins in your group.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree