1. Joined
    22 Sep '10
    Moves
    06 Sep '17 02:00
    Recently over the last month or so I have noticed that when I go to look for tournaments to enter there are none available based on my rating. I see groups of tournaments with ratings banded that appear to be intended to cover all, but then there is a gap of a 100 or so points and because I fall into that gap I can't join any of the groups. It's becoming a bit frustrating. Is this something new and I'm just slow to recognize it? Can someone explain to me why this is done in the first place?
  2. Yorkshire England
    Moves
    06 Sep '17 11:01
    I have the same complaint. It would be far better if we could set our own tournaments, and even though I joined a clan for more competitive games, I still can't see anywhere that I can create a tournament with the banding required.
  3. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    06 Sep '17 13:28
    Join Popeye club Club 229
    There's lots of tournaments in all sorts of bands and if there's nothing to suit the leader will create one for you
  4. Joined
    22 Sep '10
    Moves
    06 Sep '17 21:49
    Originally posted by @venda
    Join Popeye club Club 229
    There's lots of tournaments in all sorts of bands and if there's nothing to suit the leader will create one for you
    my issue was not that there was nothing suitable. My issue was that the way they were banded I was not eligible to join on any of the bands. While the tournament appears to be intended for all. There was a hundred point or so gap between two bands (only). I been on the site since 2010 this is the first time I've noticed this behavior and expressing my frustration with it. Lately its been making it hard for me to join tournaments.
  5. Yorkshire England
    Moves
    07 Sep '17 08:53
    II requested to join. I have two friends who might also wish to join. Thank you.
  6. Joined
    22 Sep '10
    Moves
    11 Sep '17 00:12
    ok so what i can determine from this brief experience is that these forums are essentially useless. This whole process of shouting into the void seems quite pointless.
  7. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    11 Sep '17 14:04
    Originally posted by @jmwinrider
    ok so what i can determine from this brief experience is that these forums are essentially useless. This whole process of shouting into the void seems quite pointless.
    The answer to your original question seems to be no, we cannot explain the rating band gap.
    However I don't agree that the forums are useless.
    First of all the mods look at the forums and your question may be passed on to someone who can give you an answer eventually.
    Secondly others can suggest alternatives as I have done to get round your problem

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree