Conditional Moves - Play Opening

Conditional Moves - Play Opening

Announcements

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
05 Dec 08

It is now possible to select an opening which will automatically commit a series of conditional moves, avoiding the lengthy process of setting up the line using the regular interface.

Use the "Play from opening" link on the conditional moves page.

k
Patently Geeky

US Midwest

Moves
05 Dec 08

Originally posted by Russ
It is now possible to select an opening which will automatically commit a series of conditional moves, avoiding the lengthy process of setting up the line using the regular interface.

Use the "Play from opening" link on the conditional moves page.
Is this a game by game selection, or can a default opening move set be created for all of your games?

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
05 Dec 08
1 edit

Originally posted by kwgoodwin
Is this a game by game selection, or can a default opening move set be created for all of your games?
You must select an opening for each game.

Already mated

Omaha, Nebraska, USA

Moves
05 Dec 08
1 edit

Very cool.

Moves
06 Dec 08

This is very welcome addition but I have problems with submiting conditional moves since opening was added. When I click on `submit conditional move' the message says that the page cannot be opened due to the wrong compression method. But if I go back to the conditional move page and refresh it, the move is registered! Is it only my problem or more general?

Erro Ergo Sum

In the Green Room

Moves
06 Dec 08

Originally posted by gundel
This is very welcome addition but I have problems with submiting conditional moves since opening was added. When I click on `submit conditional move' the message says that the page cannot be opened due to the wrong compression method. But if I go back to the conditional move page and refresh it, the move is registered! Is it only my problem or more general?
I have the same problem.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
06 Dec 08

Originally posted by AttilaTheHorn
I have the same problem.
This problem did not affect all users, but should be fixed now. If not, please send feedback.

OAO
ParTizan

Philadelphia, USA

Moves
06 Dec 08
1 edit

wow tnx a lot russ

and just wondering what you working on now?

r
the walrus

an English garden

Moves
07 Dec 08

Originally posted by O Artem O
wow tnx a lot russ

and just wondering what you working on now?
He said something about writing a lot of central code so that the site could expand

OAO
ParTizan

Philadelphia, USA

Moves
07 Dec 08

ow i see

c
Grammar Nazi

Auschwitz

Moves
10 Dec 08

Whenever I try this, it says: Opening.... cannot be played from this position. This even happens from the initial starting position.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
10 Dec 08
1 edit

Originally posted by clandarkfire
Whenever I try this, it says: Opening.... cannot be played from this position. This even happens from the initial starting position.
Can you provide details please?

The game id where it failed, and the opening you were selecting. Thanks.

Via feedback if possible.

k
Patently Geeky

US Midwest

Moves
22 Jan 09

I created a conditional move that would make a pawn promotion. When I created it, I was not asked to what piece the pawn should be promoted. I assume that this is a small bug.

ook

hirsute rooster

Moves
22 Jan 09

Originally posted by kwgoodwin
I created a conditional move that would make a pawn promotion. When I created it, I was not asked to what piece the pawn should be promoted. I assume that this is a small bug.
Thread 104192 Page 5[/b]

Originally posted by SammyJ
Can you promote pawns on conditional moves? I couldn't work out how to tell it I wanted a queen. I even shouted into the mouse.

Originally posted by Russ
This is not possible right now.

The next iteration of this will make it available.