Tournaments for non-subscribers open now

Tournaments for non-subscribers open now

Announcements

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
05 Sep 08

3 have been created :

Tournament 5013 Starless Skirmish Trial Tournament II 1500+
Tournament 5012 Starless Skirmish Trial Tournament II 1200-1500
Tournament 5011 Starless Skirmish Trial Tournament II 0-1200

i

Moves
05 Sep 08

Could you say how this will work with respect to the game limit? Say for example you have 3 regular games to begin with, and the tournament adds 6. Will you still be able to add 3 more, giving you your 6 regular games and the 6 tournament games? Or will you not be able to start new games because you already have 9 total?

We're having our own informal tournament in one of my clubs, and this could affect some of the non-subs if they signed up for this tournament and then couldn't start new games.

Thanks...

i

Moves
06 Sep 08

Originally posted by Russ
3 have been created :

Tournament 5013 Starless Skirmish Trial Tournament II 1500+
Tournament 5012 Starless Skirmish Trial Tournament II 1200-1500
Tournament 5011 Starless Skirmish Trial Tournament II 0-1200
as cool as some of your decisions are on here russ im not too much of a fan of this one. its takes away momentarily are rights as subs by letting them do the same as us. anyway, we might of been able to mix in too, as we please.. 😞

FB
Great Big Stees

In Check

Moves
06 Sep 08
1 edit

Originally posted by irontigran
as cool as some of your decisions are on here russ im not too much of a fan of this one. its takes away momentarily are rights as subs by letting them do the same as us. anyway, we might of been able to mix in too, as we please.. 😞
Don't take it hard Iron, he's not relinquishing the rights of subs. He and his crew are simply giving the non-subs a taste of what they may be eligible for if they were subs. It's good business. Good advertising and it does not cramp the subs games any. No harm no foul as they say.

J

benching

Moves
06 Sep 08

In my view this situation illustrates a few things :-

- many people do not read the forums. It might take a while to fill up the 128 player slot for one of the tournaments.
- perhaps some people think it is a joke. Look at the fake rated blitz post.
- some might be willing to subscribe if they can get a taste of things.
- having never played in a tournament here, I would like to see what happens.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
06 Sep 08

Originally posted by incandenza
Could you say how this will work with respect to the game limit? Say for example you have 3 regular games to begin with, and the tournament adds 6. Will you still be able to add 3 more, giving you your 6 regular games and the 6 tournament games? Or will you not be able to start new games because you already have 9 total?

We're having our own informa ...[text shortened]... non-subs if they signed up for this tournament and then couldn't start new games.

Thanks...
Note on tournament page...
"Note: Your concurrent games will be taken over the 6 game limit."

D

N

The sky

Moves
06 Sep 08

Originally posted by Ragnorak
Note on tournament page...
"Note: Your concurrent games will be taken over the 6 game limit."

D
But that doesn't answer xyr question.

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
06 Sep 08

What the potential partcipants haven't realised is that after there participation in the tournament is over, whether that be round 1 or round 10, they have 14 days to subscribe, after which their accounts are suspended.

😛

J

benching

Moves
06 Sep 08

Originally posted by adramforall
What the potential partcipants haven't realised is that after there participation in the tournament is over, whether that be round 1 or round 10, they have 14 days to subscribe, after which their accounts are suspended.

😛
Stop scaremongering. Cut your toenails if you are completely bored. You can eat them after that if you are still bored.

Nearing 250000...!

Moves
06 Sep 08

Originally posted by incandenza
Or will you not be able to start new games because you already have 9 total?
Indeed.

You cannot start another game before you are back at five again.

B

Moves
07 Sep 08

What's so bad about non-subs participating in one lil old tournament lol?

W
The Black Swan

Oss

Moves
07 Sep 08

What's this all about? Just Wolves barking in the forest! Play chess and enjoy!

k

Moves
08 Sep 08

Most welcome move. More so given the background that other sites like chessmaniac allow tournaments for non-subscribers and also allow clubs and clans (in different names like groups, teams etc) for non-subscribers. People are having a good time there - Note the massive activity going on in those sites!
Lets hope the best for TIME FOR CHESS.

t

Moves
09 Sep 08

Originally posted by Aiko
Indeed.

You cannot start another game before you are back at five again.
This is a shame
I'll probably get stuck with 6 games that move every 3 days rather than the multiple a days I have now 😕.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
10 Sep 08

These have now been closed and started.