Final move messages

Final move messages

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
16 Feb 23

I play mainly on the app and i cant seem to read or reply to a final message from my opponent also in the app if I miss replying in a chat box I can't find a way to message them whilst it's their turn. Any solutions would be greatly appreciated

ook

hirsute rooster

Moves
19 Feb 23

@galactus said
I play mainly on the app and i cant seem to read or reply to a final message from my opponent also in the app if I miss replying in a chat box I can't find a way to message them whilst it's their turn. Any solutions would be greatly appreciated
From the three bars at the top of the app you should find a 'My Messages' link.
That's where you can send out-of-game messages. Click the plus icon and start typing the players name - it should start giving you a list of suggested recipients.

The last-chat message in a game will be there, but the opportunity to respond is with a move - so if the game's finished, so has the chat with that game.
I think the links that take you to the end of a game put you to the board history, rather than the game itself, that's why the messages are not visible.
Maybe a site suggestion to allow in-game chats to continue and for the "your game has ended" links to take you to the board where you can see those last messages.

Australia

Moves
20 Feb 23
2 edits

Messages sent with final moves show up in the recipient's MyHome page. Does anyone ever look at that page? I certainly don't. Perhaps there could be a badge-type indicator on the Message icon.

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
20 Feb 23

@kewpie said
Messages sent with final moves show up in the recipient's MyHome page. Does anyone ever look at that page? I certainly don't. Perhaps there could be a badge-type indicator on the Message icon.
When I win,I get the message "you have won a game against ***.Your opponent left you a message"
Otherwise as you say I rarely look on my home page other than if I want to enter a non club tournament
Similarly,I have my filters set on "my move" so I never see skulls unless I go onto all games to move games into my folders.

mlb62

Moves
02 Mar 23

@galactus said
that also happens when you offer a "conditional " move....if your opponent accepts it, then any messages get passed over.