Help me please!!!!

Help me please!!!!

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
10 Feb 18

I am playing a game in which I am black and in check but I think it is actually checkmate as I see no move that will allow me to either move my king without putting myself into checkmate or a move that will allow me to remove the threat (white pawn). Has anyone been in this situation? Is there possibly a "glitch"? I am stumped. 🙄
Yours,
Steve (AKA: Great Big Stees)

Australia

Moves
11 Feb 18
1 edit

There's definitely a move, this has never been found to be a "glitch" in this forum. Have you checked for en passant and all possible captures?

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
11 Feb 18

Originally posted by @great-big-stees
I am playing a game in which I am black and in check but I think it is actually checkmate as I see no move that will allow me to either move my king without putting myself into checkmate or a move that will allow me to remove the threat (white pawn). Has anyone been in this situation? Is there possibly a "glitch"? I am stumped. 🙄
Yours,
Steve (AKA: Great Big Stees)
What's the game number Stees? and how come you've time for chess while you're still alive in WWG?(last bit is a private thing)

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
12 Feb 18

The answer was en passant Kewps.I've told Steve after he sent me a pm about it.

Australia

Moves
12 Feb 18

Originally posted by @venda
The answer was en passant Kewps.I've told Steve after he sent me a pm about it.
I've been on the receiving end of one of those, and it took me forever to figure it out.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
27 Feb 18

Originally posted by @kewpie
There's definitely a move, this has never been found to be a "glitch" in this forum. Have you checked for en passant and all possible captures?
Technically against the rules. If he cannot find a way out of check he loses on time.
You just helped him in active game. 😲

Australia

Moves
27 Feb 18

I disagree. I simply rejected the glitch possibility and listed other possibilities. But you could say venda did that because venda said so himself.

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
27 Feb 18

Originally posted by @wolfgang59
Technically against the rules. If he cannot find a way out of check he loses on time.
You just helped him in active game. 😲
Technically you are correct and perhaps I shouldn't have pointed him in the right direction over the en passant thing.
Good luck with the operation