Move taken without my knowledge

Move taken without my knowledge

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R

Moves
17 Nov 22

I was surprised to see my King had been moved at 1.45pm today. My last move was a Bishop move.
My opponent has accepted I did not make the somewhat ridiculous move.
Can I restore the King and thus reset the Board by one move?
Thanks

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
17 Nov 22
1 edit

@revdhutch said
I was surprised to see my King had been moved at 1.45pm today. My last move was a Bishop move.
Thanks
Game 15052815

No. That is impossible, you can send feedback and maybe @Russ can find out what happened.

And you can start a game with the last agreed correct position.

Moves
18 Nov 22
1 edit

There must have been millions of moves made on this site, and I’ve not seen anyone on the forums reporting that this has happened to them before, so I think the most likely explanation is that if you didn’t make the move, then maybe someone else did.
Could it be that you left your computer unattended and logged in to this site, and someone passing by, for whatever reason, made this move on your behalf?
Or maybe someone has somehow found out your password, logged in as you, and made the move? (It might be worth changing your password.)

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
22 Nov 22

@ponderable said
Game 15052815

No. That is impossible, you can send feedback and maybe @Russ can find out what happened.

And you can start a game with the last agreed correct position.
Seems like you won anyway now.

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
26 Nov 22

@revdhutch said
Thanks
I have seen a lot of similar enquiries to this over the years and not once has the site software found to be at fault.
I suppose there's always a first time for everything!

D

Moves
28 Nov 22

This usually happens when someone uses a public computer and forgot to clear all of the history when they were done.

Public computers will even save your email address so you have to remove that account from the computer and then clear all history.

d

Moves
08 Dec 22