Player with 1000 lower rating than they should have

Player with 1000 lower rating than they should have

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mr Magic

UK

Moves
19 Aug 18

Hi there,

I am currently playing someone who has lost over 1000 rating points due to timing out hundreds of games. Hey now seem to have started playing again.

Their rating is 500ish now. I don't think it's fair to play them since they are technically stronger then me yet I'll lose loads of points if I lose my two games.

How can I handle this? It's a tournament game so I can't delete. I have already sent feedback on this but no reply or action yet

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
19 Aug 18

Originally posted by @baronvonchickenpants
Hi there,

I am currently playing someone who has lost over 1000 rating points due to timing out hundreds of games. Hey now seem to have started playing again.

Their rating is 500ish now. I don't think it's fair to play them since they are technically stronger then me yet I'll lose loads of points if I lose my two games.

How can I han ...[text shortened]... urnament game so I can't delete. I have already sent feedback on this but no reply or action yet
You can give up a torunament game before two moves are made and lose no rating points.

Mr Magic

UK

Moves
20 Aug 18

The game has gone past that point now they have started moving. It took me a few.l moves to realisey

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
21 Aug 18

The game has gone past that point now they have started moving. It took me a few.l moves to realisey
Well you can shrug off the effect of losing more Points than you should (if losing) or you can try to Play very slow and hope that yur Opponent will vanish again Timing out your games 😉

Mr Magic

UK

Moves
21 Aug 18

Does this not qualify as sandbagging?

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
22 Aug 18

Does this not qualify as sandbagging?
Sandbagging is the intetion to lose Rating Points, so one can Play lower rated Players.