Clan leagues feature sunsetted, all games reassigned to regular challenge games

Clan leagues feature sunsetted, all games reassigned to regular challenge games

Announcements

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
12 Apr 22

During a general update today the clan leagues feature was sunsetted and will no longer be available.

All clan league games have been reassigned as regular challenge games. (But can still be identified by their names)

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
14 Apr 22

@russ said
During a general update today the clan leagues feature was sunsetted and will no longer be available.

All clan league games have been reassigned as regular challenge games. (But can still be identified by their names)
No surprises there Russ.
Your time is better spent on the popular features.
The clan leagues,like the sieges before they were abandoned,attracted little interest in the past few years.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
14 Apr 22
1 edit

There was a high maintenance overhead whenever widespread changes are made to the site code - updating & testing largely unused code is not a good use of time! 🙂

l

Victor, New York

Moves
19 Apr 22

@Russ Agreed. I would like you to consider adding individual ratings for clans at some point if possible.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
20 Apr 22

@lstcyr said
@Russ Agreed. I would like you to consider adding individual ratings for clans at some point if possible.
I agree Clan Challenges should have a separate rating. Games would be far more even in my opinion.

-VR

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
22 Apr 22

Not sure what you both mean by this.
I think you mean a separate rating for clan games played for each individual.
If so, how would you convert the current rating to the new clan rating,or would the start point be the same?

l

Victor, New York

Moves
25 Apr 22

@venda that’s what we mean but it would be a separate rating from the overall rating

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
26 Apr 22

@lstcyr said
@venda that’s what we mean but it would be a separate rating from the overall rating
OK.So my question :- how is my initial clan rating calculated?
Does Russ have to go back through all the clan games I have played over the last 5 years to get the stats?
A helluva job

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
26 Apr 22

@venda said
Does Russ have to go back through all the clan games I have played over the last 5 years to get the stats?
A helluva job
Why not just start with the current rating and then let evolve naturally.

G

santa cruz, ca.

Moves
26 Apr 22

@divegeester said
Why not just start with the current rating and then let evolve naturally.
seems good to me

Moves
27 Apr 22

Clubs have their own ratings, no reason why clan games couldn't be separate as well.

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
27 Apr 22

@venda said
A helluva job
In fact writing a script would be the way forward, then the computer would take over the moste tedious parts of the work. I assume that all clan challenges could be sorted by endtime.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
27 Apr 22
1 edit

@trev33 said
Clubs have their own ratings, no reason why clan games couldn't be separate as well.
Just so there is no misunderstanding I meant Clan Challenge Ratings should be separate.
I like to play higher rated to try and improve my game and will lose mostly which lowers my rating for my Clan Challenge games. In my case all the Clan leaders know I fluctuate between 1300-1500 sometimes even dipping below 1300, or less seldom over 1500. Been awhile since I saw 1500.
It would be a lot more fair especially to new Clan Leaders not knowing my rating. I was one time between 1400-1600 but those days are long gone I believe.
-VR