Mine goes to Edward Snowden.
  2. Joined
    08 Dec '12
    Moves
    28 Dec '13 02:161 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    Well?

Yeah Snowden ran to Russia to Be Free of government intrusion.
    Genius move.

Notice how now he can't wait to get away from there?
  3. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    28 Dec '13 03:03
    Originally posted by KilgoreTrout15
    Genius move.

He's effectively in jail.

My vote?

Miley Cyrus, for having two "whys" in her name.

http://perezhilton.com/2013-11-27-miley-cyrus-time-person-of-the-year-poll-lead-rigged-voter-fraud
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Dec '13 03:061 edit
    Originally posted by KilgoreTrout15
    Genius move.

I just think it took a great deal of courage. He gave up a well paying job in Hawaii to be an exile in Russia.

It was refreshing to see someone will conscience still left in government who also had some gonads. I had no idea men like him lived behind the curtain of the NSA. They would rather give up their lives than live under a post-Constitutional America.
  5. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    28 Dec '13 05:36
    I just think it took a great deal of courage. He gave up a well paying job in Hawaii to be an exile in Russia.

It was refreshing to see someone will conscience still left in government who also had some gonads. I had no idea men like him lived behind the curtain of the NSA. They would rather give up their lives than live under a post-Constitutional America.
    His ideals are, I hope, above those embodied in the totality of the US Constitution.

There is too much worship here, some of it for convenience or due to coincidence of prejudices, about the US Constitution as a holy text.

Snowden is not a constitutional scholar. He's a young rebel against authoritarianism. Nothing wrong with that, but don't make him a Constitutionalist until you know him better.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Dec '13 07:18
    Originally posted by JS357
    His ideals are, I hope, above those embodied in the totality of the US Constitution.

There is too much worship here, some of it for convenience or due to coincidence of prejudices, about the US Constitution as a holy text.

Snowden is not a constitutional scholar. He's a young rebel against authoritarianism. Nothing wrong with that, but don't make him a Constitutionalist until you know him better.
    I don't need to be a Constitutional expert to know that I live in a post Constitutional system. It is really not that hard to figure out.

As for quip about the Constitution being a holy text, this just goes to show that people like you know that you live in a post Constitutional system, but really could care less.

Here is an idea, why don't we just let the government do as they damn well please and stick our heads up are bum?
  7. Germany
    Moves
    28 Dec '13 08:52
    Hey whodey, did you know that in the Bible idolatry is a sin punishable by death?
  8. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    28 Dec '13 09:40
    Snowden would be up there for sure.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/dec/09/edward-snowden-voted-guardian-person-of-year-2013
  9. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    28 Dec '13 09:46
    Originally posted by JS357
    He's effectively in jail.

My vote?

Miley Cyrus, for having two "whys" in her name.

http://perezhilton.com/2013-11-27-miley-cyrus-time-person-of-the-year-poll-lead-rigged-voter-fraud
    What would a conformist know?
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Dec '13 14:01
    Well?

Luis Suárez for some top notch entertainment
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Dec '13 14:06
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Hey whodey, did you know that in the Bible idolatry is a sin punishable by death?
    Then who do you pick?

I know it must be hard to find another Progressives stooge like Obama to give a Nobel Peace award to, but why not give it a try?
  12. Joined
    08 Dec '12
    Moves
    28 Dec '13 18:32

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

13. Germany
    Moves
    28 Dec '13 18:40
    Then who do you pick?

I know it must be hard to find another Progressives stooge like Obama to give a Nobel Peace award to, but why not give it a try?
    If I have to choose a "man of the year", I'll go with Peter Higgs.
  14. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    28 Dec '13 19:58
    Originally posted by Trev33
    What would a conformist know?
    Ouch! You are Whodey are all over me today.
  15. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    28 Dec '13 19:58
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    If I have to choose a "man of the year", I'll go with Peter Higgs.
    Don't you think the whole exercise is somewhat foolish?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree