1. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    01 Apr '14 15:191 edit
    Words that are typed on a page or sent on a text or email have no emotion or meaning really. You don't understand what the person is feeling or thinking at the time of writing it so you cannot say what I am thinking or saying or even meant by my post. ! Means yelling (emotion) though. And a ? Means a question.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Apr '14 15:24
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Words that are typed on a page or sent on a text or email have no emotion or meaning really. You don't understand what the person is feeling or thinking at the time of writing it so you cannot say what I am thinking or saying or even meant by my post. ! Means yelling (emotion) though. And a ? Means a question.
    There was a good example from you on the "Would you stop and help the man?" thread an hour or so ago. One could have missed it I suppose, but you were clearly sneering at Rajk999 when you said: "Let's see you stop for someone in a broken down car in a third world country on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere." You knew you were sneering because you quickly edited the post after you saw the reaction to try to portray yourself in a more favourable light. 🙂
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    01 Apr '14 15:48
    ! Means yelling (emotion) though.
    To me, ! is a form of emphasis not yelling. All CAPS tends to signify emotion, but that seems to be used more by some people than others and some people seem to use it merely as a form of emphasis.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    01 Apr '14 16:00
    If words typed on a page have no emotion for you, then you have the mind of a robot or a scanner. In fact a robot would have a better sense of discernment than you.
  5. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    01 Apr '14 18:02
    Originally posted by FMF
    There was a good example from you on the "Would you stop and help the man?" thread an hour or so ago. One could have missed it I suppose, but you were clearly sneering at Rajk999 when you said: "Let's see you stop for someone in a broken down car in a third world country on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere." You knew you were sneering because you qu ...[text shortened]... ed the post after you saw the reaction to try to portray yourself in a more favourable light. 🙂
    No your wrong. you can even ask your mom.
  6. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    01 Apr '14 18:03
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    To me, ! is a form of emphasis not yelling. All CAPS tends to signify emotion, but that seems to be used more by some people than others and some people seem to use it merely as a form of emphasis.
    is this emotion MISTER CHESS? or RBHILL?
  7. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    01 Apr '14 18:55

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

8. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    01 Apr '14 18:56
    Really? No meaning?

😛

So you get no emotion from any of these:

"SHUT THE FVCK UP, YOU BLUBBERING FOOL"
    "Ever since she died, I have struggled to find a reason to go on."
    "Yay! I got the job!!!! Praise the Lord!"

...and none even if people outright tell you they have an emotion.

"I was so sad when they shot Old Yeller...I cried myself to sleep."
  9. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    02 Apr '14 03:38
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Really? No meaning?

😛

So you get no emotion from any of these:

"SHUT THE FVCK UP, YOU BLUBBERING FOOL"
    "Ever since she died, I have struggled to find a reason to go on."
    "Yay! I got the job!!!! Praise the Lord!"

...and none even if people outright tell you they have an emotion.

"I was so sad when they shot Old Yeller...I cried myself to sleep."
    Put that on film and I could feel emotion.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree