1. Joined
    03 Dec '13
    Moves
    03 Dec '13 12:17
    Everyone discussing the strongest dedicated chess computers, please note that I am selling the DGT Revelation II (at about £2,200, so only for the rich, but is 2600-2700 Elo). Please visit my website www.doskachess.co.uk. I have been selling chess computers worldwide ever since 1978, longer than anyone in the UK. Please do not miss out on the generally low prices, for the benefit of fellow chess players. I can obtain and sell anything for chess.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Dec '13 12:36
    Originally posted by doskachess
    Everyone discussing the strongest dedicated chess computers, please note that I am selling the DGT Revelation II (at about £2,200, so only for the rich, but is 2600-2700 Elo). Please visit my website www.doskachess.co.uk. I have been selling chess computers worldwide ever since 1978, longer than anyone in the UK. Please do not miss out on the generally low prices, for the benefit of fellow chess players. I can obtain and sell anything for chess.
    why have a £2,200 chess set and a £5 game?
  3. Joined
    03 Dec '13
    Moves
    03 Dec '13 12:56
    The point about the Revelation II is that you can play an opponent of this strength on a wooden board. Currently this requires having a strong PC or Mac, with a programme up to 3200 in strength, linked (wirelessly if you wish) to a DGT Sensory wooden board costing from £370 up to £500 or more depending on accessories. The Revelation is appealing to those who want to cut out the PC/Mac use completely. The user can weaken the programme as he/she feels necessary.
  4. Standard memberhedonist
    peacedog's keeper
    Moves
    03 Dec '13 15:24
    Only a fool would deal with someone online who has no qualms about spamming a forum to sell their wares.

It's probably a better bet investing in the Nigerian Royal family, or that Russian babe... 😉
  5. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    03 Dec '13 15:37

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

6. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    03 Dec '13 15:50
    I happen to have seen your website previously Ken, I know it's bona fide, but you do yourself no favours by immediately breaking part 6 of 'terms of service', by advertising on a forum...
    Seriously, and before you're not pursued for violating the above mentioned, have a word with the site owners and buy some CHEAP advertising space, surprise yourself as it won't break the bank...
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Dec '13 16:092 edits
    The point about the Revelation II is that you can play an opponent of this strength on a wooden board. Currently this requires having a strong PC or Mac, with a programme up to 3200 in strength, linked (wirelessly if you wish) to a DGT Sensory wooden board costing from £370 up to £500 or more depending on accessories. The Revelation is appealing to those ...[text shortened]... cut out the PC/Mac use completely. The user can weaken the programme as he/she feels necessary.
    LOL, so i can pay £2,200 to have my A$$ kicked by a computer on a wooden board, that's brilliant, If I ever reached 2000 ELO i might consider, until then I really do wish you well and hope that you sell some of these 😀
  8. Joined
    03 Dec '13
    Moves
    03 Dec '13 16:30
    I am using this forum, as I noticed others mentioning a competitor, so I assumed there was no problem. Since 1978 I have always sold chess clocks,
    chess equipment, chess computers, chess books at the lowest world prices for the benefit of my fellow chess players - there is hardly anything in it for me. On chess forums I find mainly misinformation about chess computers from people who have little knowledge of them. I think it is important for people to receive accurate information. Quite strong chess programmes can be downloaded free - some people may not realise that.
  9. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    03 Dec '13 16:44
    Tell me, why should I pay that much when I can get an equally strong engine for free online and a nice wood board and set for a fraction of the cost?
  10. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    04 Dec '13 20:07
    I am using this forum, as I noticed others mentioning a competitor, so I assumed there was no problem. Since 1978 I have always sold chess clocks,
    chess equipment, chess computers, chess books at the lowest world prices for the benefit of my fellow chess players - there is hardly anything in it for me. On chess forums I find mainly misinformation about c ...[text shortened]... mation. Quite strong chess programmes can be downloaded free - some people may not realise that.
    It says on your site the Saitek master is no longer made... is this true? I kept the box in anticipation of that happening 🙂 Thanks for the tip. hope you sell the revelation.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Dec '13 20:281 edit
    Originally posted by e4chris
    It says on your site the Saitek master is no longer made... is this true? I kept the box in anticipation of that happening 🙂 Thanks for the tip. hope you sell the revelation.
    e4chris, you're minted, buy yourself one and me one too!
  12. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    04 Dec '13 20:35
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    e4chris, you're minted, buy yourself one and me one too!
    I am not minted, just stupid with money 🙂
  13. Joined
    19 Jan '13
    Moves
    04 Dec '13 21:553 edits
    its new released about now from London chess and Bridge to

http://shop.chess.co.uk/Revelation_II_Luxury_Wooden_Chess_Set_and_Integr_p/pre-order-131231e.htm
  14. Joined
    27 Apr '07
    Moves
    04 Dec '13 23:10
    I can play againt real people here that are almost at that rating.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree