1. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Nov '14 02:02
    In the holy bible it shows that Jesus said:

John 10: 10 (KJV)
    The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.

and

John 10: 11, 9
    I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture.

Jesus died for all people and provided a way for abundant life. So, why would anyone deny what is NOT proven to be wrong by any human being?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Nov '14 02:41
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint
    Jesus died for all people and provided a way for abundant life. So, why would anyone deny what is NOT proven to be wrong by any human being?
    You should just believe what you want, but bear in mind that it is you who is making the extraordinary claim about reality so the burden of proof is on you. Same goes for any and all religionists of whatever stripe or colour. One could just as easily ask you: "Why would you deny what is NOT proven to be wrong by any human about Mohammed being visited by the Arch-angel Gabriel in a cave and being told that the original monotheistic faith of Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses and Jesus had become corrupted?" One could ask you why would anyone deny this, and doing so would be no more or less valid than your question.
  3. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Nov '14 02:522 edits
    FMF,
    Wouldn't you want to look for evidences of proof of a belief?

Why take the "declarations" of human science that really isn't proven or even demonstrated when it comes to eternal life? Science has not proven the forming of the universe, nor the cause of mankind's existence. They too have to be accepted by faith in science.

Just in case. . .The Jesus of the bible is Not the same Jesus of Islam based on what Dr. Jack Vam Impe presents
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Nov '14 03:011 edit
    Wouldn't you want to look for evidences of proof of a belief?
    Any credible evidence you have that any human being has ever lived on in some form after death at any time in the entire span of human history would be pertinent, if you have any.
  5. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Nov '14 03:07
    All religions cannot be true at the same time because the relative religions to inclusion disagree with each other. That in itself can help to eliminate one belief over another.

And wouldn't it be logical to think that the earlier a religion started in human existence, the more likely it is to be not man made? Christianity is really a continuation of the Israelite belief. Christianity is not a New Israelite belief. The Christ is referenced in the Old Testament. And, the Christ came to the Israelites who could receive Him, but they did not.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Nov '14 03:07
    Why take the "declarations" of human science that really isn't proven or even demonstrated when it comes to eternal life? s
    There are countless billions of instances of people dying and their corpses either decomposing or being burnt ~ indeed it has happened to every single human that has ever lived. It's a formidable body of evidence. On the other hand you have not a single jot of evidence ~ your certainty and hopes not being evidence, I'm afraid ~ when it comes to "eternal life".
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Nov '14 03:15
    All religions cannot be true at the same time because the relative religions to inclusion disagree with each other.

Agreed.

That in itself can help to eliminate one belief over another.

No, not really. Let me guess, though. You reckon Christianity "eliminates" other beliefs?

And wouldn't it be logical to think that the earlier a religion started in human existence, the more likely it is to be not man made?

No. I wouldn't underestimate the resourcefulness and imagination of homo sapiens stretch as far back as you want.

Christianity is not a New Israelite belief. The Christ is referenced in the Old Testament. And, the Christ came to the Israelites who could receive Him, but they did not.

Be that as it may, but what about Mohammed being visited by the Arch-angel Gabriel in a cave. Why would you deny it?
  8. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Nov '14 03:21
    Then look for the evidences of God in our earth and in the heaven around it. It is true that we are left with having to believe by faith in anything we choose. But lose out by choosing wrong, than by believing what science has not proven or demonstrated. It is better to choose God's way of eternal life by faith, than to simply believe by faith what science hasn't really answered. The bottom line is to put faith in God and not the manufacturing of man's so-called science. Human science may never get you to God, but faith in God has a better chance for your eternal life.

Science doesn't put you with God. Science doesn't try to give you a relationship with God. Science has failed to answer the questions of how the universe was formed and how humanity came about. We cannot depend on science either, when it comes to disproving creation for both the universe and human existence.

Spiritual Faith is the way we believe in God. Faith in science will not pair us with God. Logically, faith in God has a better chance for our eternal life than human science. Why choose science which doesn't try to pair you with God?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Nov '14 03:25
    Then look for the evidences of God in our earth and in the heaven around it.
    This is one thing. But it is another thing altogether to claim the evidence you find substantiates the claims you make about God and Jesus. Yours is just one of many religionist doctrines that have resulted from people looking at what is around them. What about Mohammed being visited by the Arch-angel Gabriel in a cave?
  10. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Nov '14 03:28
    FMF,
    The hope of all male Muslims is for a certain amount of virgins. But Jesus of the bible said there is neither marriage nor the giving of marriage in heaven.

King James Version
    -------------------------
    Matthew 22: 29, 30
    Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.

For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Nov '14 03:35
    Science doesn't put you with God. Science doesn't try to give you a relationship with God. Science has failed to answer the questions of how the universe was formed and how humanity came about. We cannot depend on science either, when it comes to disproving creation for both the universe and human existence.
    Nor has Christianity offered convincing answers to the questions of how the universe was formed and how humanity came about.

Why not look at "science" in a different way?

Why not see scientists as God's creatures, exercising their God given talents, and their God given natural curiosity and determination, to push the knowledge of humanity ~ God's creation ~ to its apparent boundaries and beyond, revelling in the astounding capacity of the God given human spirit, to delve deeper and deeper into the wondrous realities of the earth and the universe ~ God's creation ~ and to truly marvel at what this creation is and how it works... Why not see scientists as God's creatures exploring God's creation in this way and not get sidetracked by whether or not they just so happen to subscribe to ancient Hebrew mythology?

Why expect all these brilliant, talented, inquisitive humans to simply settle for what you just so happened to have settled for?
  12. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Nov '14 03:36
    FMF Typed:
    --------------
    There are countless billions of instances of people dying and their corpses either decomposing or being burnt ~ indeed it has happened to every single human that has ever lived. It's a formidable body of evidence.
    ---------------

What are you trying to say here? I don't see anything that you stated as what is or is not. What does decomposing or burning prove to us?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Nov '14 03:37
    The hope of all male Muslims is for a certain amount of virgins. But Jesus of the bible said there is neither marriage nor the giving of marriage in heaven.
    Well Muslims do not subscribe to the claims you make about Jesus, so the discrepancy is neither here nor there. What about Mohammed being visited by the Arch-angel Gabriel in a cave? Why do you deny it... or do you accept it?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Nov '14 03:391 edit
    What are you trying to say here? I don't see anything that you stated as what is or is not. What does decomposing or burning prove to us?
    I am saying that there is abundant evidence that we die. What evidence do you have that our corpses decomposing or being burnt is followed by an "afterlife"?
  15. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Nov '14 03:41
    FMF,
    Science has not provided us with limitless information about the things that you and I cannot see with our eyes. Our human eyes can not see what is out of our brain's ability. There are things invisible to us because they are too small or too far away. Natural Life is invisible to us.

So why is it so hard to believe in an existence of things that are spiritual which are not seen with our eyes, nor experienced with our 4 other human senses.

Just because we don't perceive with our brains doesn't mean that it doesn't exist.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree