1. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    16 Feb '15 22:15
    Why did god allow so many religions to develop? If that was the intention, no one religion can claim to fully represent god, and god being all knowing must have seen the terrible conflict that would result. If that was not the intention,it would follow that religious dogma was man made, and god being all knowing must have seen the terrible conflict that would result.
  2. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    16 Feb '15 22:21
    Originally posted by OdBod
    Why did god allow so many religions to develop? If that was the intention, no one religion can claim to fully represent god, and god being all knowing must have seen the terrible conflict that would result. If that was not the intention,it would follow that religious dogma was man made, and god being all knowing must have seen the terrible conflict that would result.
    A women called Eve ate a piece of fruit.
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    17 Feb '15 05:18
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    A women called Eve ate a piece of fruit.
    And as is usually the case, her husband got most of the blame.
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    17 Feb '15 09:06
    "Why did god allow so many religions to develop?"

Short answer: The Sovereignty of God and the free will of man co-exist in human history by His design to resolve the prehistoric angelic conflict. Christianity is a relationship, not a religion. Yes, "religious dogma was [is] man made..."
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Feb '15 09:221 edit
    All the religions of the world do have something in common. They all propose that you have to do some work to find God. They are all therefore based upon what YOU can do to be acceptable for a relationship with Truth, with God, with Reality.

With Jesus Christ alone, our welcome into the intimacy of knowing God is based not upon what you and I can do. It is in accepting what Jesus Christ has done - His finished work on the cross and resurrection from the dead.

Notice I did not use the term Christianity. I spoke of the Person of Jesus Christ. Coming to God through Jesus Christ is not at all based upon what you and I can muster up to do to be pleasing to God. Rather it is to humbly accept that Jesus has done it all, finished His work, and atoned for us. We may receive God as a Gift which appears to US to be free. Actually it was PAID for at a great cost by One Who had and ALONE had the ability to Purchase the Gift of God for us.

We just begin to enter into God by believing in Christ, thanking Him for what He has done for us (which we could not do) and receiving our intimate fellowship with God.
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    17 Feb '15 09:47
    Originally posted by sonship
    All the religions of the world do have something in common.
    You know this how?
  7. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    17 Feb '15 11:47
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby

Short answer: The Sovereignty of God and the free will of man co-exist in human history by His design to resolve the prehistoric angelic conflict. Christianity is a relationship, not a religion. Yes, "religious dogma was [is] man made..."
    Sorry Grampy Bobby, but I have never seen the prophecy / freewill paradox reconciled. Please not the mystery of god answer, or vast amounts of biblical text,its side stepping the issue.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Feb '15 11:50
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    You know this how?
    comparison
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Feb '15 12:051 edit
    Christianity is a relationship, not a religion.
    More circular logic. You claim that religion is not a relationship; then you claim that Christianity is a relationship; hey presto, Christianity is not a religion.

Maybe, lying at the very heart of the severe interpersonal and communication problems you clearly have in this community, is the fact that you somehow think that glib little preaching-to-the-choir rhetorical tricks and devices ~ like "Christianity is a relationship, not a religion" ~ withstand scrutiny, which they do not, and have any traction as arguments; they amount instead to mere sloganeering.

You started a whole thread on "Christianity is NOT a religion" recently and then copy pasted reams and reams of gushing screed that all indicated that Christianity obviously is a religion. All you had was 'Christianity is different from other religions' (which are of course all different from each other) therefore it's not a religion. This proto-circular logic has no intellectual underpinning at all, even if it does happen to float your own boat.
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    17 Feb '15 15:59

Volition.
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    20 Feb '15 00:32
    In my humble opinion (if we're going down the christian god path),
    I believe the "conflict" and what not is in order to evolve spriritualy and to learn
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    20 Feb '15 00:381 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    You know this how?
    All religions believe in/worship/acknowledge unseen entities - or at least the ones I know of
  13. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    20 Feb '15 04:54
    Good question!!!
    *** Rbi8 p. 1576 5A “Fornication”—Every Kind of Unlawful Sexual Intercourse ***
    In addition to this literal meaning, in certain places in the Christian Greek Scriptures por·neiʹa has a symbolic meaning. Concerning this meaning ZorellGr, col. 1106, says under por·neiʹa: “apostasy from the true faith, committed either entirely or partially, defection from the one true God Jahve to foreign gods [4Ki 9:22; Jer 32:9; Ho 6:10 etc.; for God’s union with his people was considered like a kind of spiritual matrimony]: Re 14:8; 17:2, 4; 18:3; 19:2.” (Brackets his; 4Ki in LXX corresponds to 2Ki in M.)
    so these religions developed as a part of Satan's and mankind's rebellion from the True God Jehovah in the Garden of Eden.
    this occured most noticably at the time of Babel where false ideas about God developed and because of the creating of new languages were spread throughout the earth.
    that is why the Bible refers to false religions as a prostitute and the mother of prostitutes. (Revelation 17:1) One of the seven angels who had the seven bowls came and said to me: “Come, I will show you the judgment on the great prostitute who sits on many waters,
    (Revelation 17:5, 6) On her forehead was written a name, a mystery: “Babylon the Great, the mother of the prostitutes and of the disgusting things of the earth.” 6 And I saw that the woman was drunk with the blood of the holy ones and with the blood of the witnesses of Jesus. Well, on seeing her I was greatly amazed.
    No religion today has come directly from Babylon but they all have similar beliefs that are rooted in Bablyon and she has become great by "sitting on many waters" that is, influencing many peoples in all parts of the earth. (Revelation 17:15) He said to me: “The waters that you saw, where the prostitute is sitting, mean peoples and crowds and nations and tongues.

we can be assured that Christ Jesus will do away with all false religions.
    there will be no religious conflict after that. (Revelation 18:1-4) After this I saw another angel descending from heaven with great authority, and the earth was illuminated by his glory. 2 And he cried out with a strong voice, saying: “She has fallen! Babylon the Great has fallen, and she has become a dwelling place of demons and a place where every unclean spirit and every unclean and hated bird lurks! 3 For because of the wine of the passion of her sexual immorality, all the nations have fallen victim, and the kings of the earth committed sexual immorality with her, and the merchants of the earth became rich owing to the power of her shameless luxury.” 4 And I heard another voice out of heaven say: “Get out of her, my people, if you do not want to share with her in her sins, and if you do not want to receive part of her plagues.
    (Revelation 19:1, 2) After this I heard what seemed to be a loud voice of a great crowd in heaven. They said: “Praise Jah! The salvation and the glory and the power belong to our God, 2 because his judgments are true and righteous. For he has executed judgment on the great prostitute who corrupted the earth with her sexual immorality, and he has avenged the blood of his slaves that is on her hands.”

Sorry if this seems a long answer, It is a deeper subject of the Bible.
  14. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    20 Feb '15 06:47

Short answer: The Sovereignty of God and the free will of man co-exist in human history by His design to resolve the prehistoric angelic conflict.
    When given the same question my dog made more sense.

... but then she is part Border Collie.
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    20 Feb '15 07:05
    Originally posted by sonship
    comparison
    You compared all the religions of the world? Do you even know about all the religions of the world? How many did you include in your comparison.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree