1. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Jul '15 22:08
    Divegeester is a fake Christian. I have been reading posts for 2 months now, and have never, never seen divegeester post anything that would hint at his Christianity. The ONLY thing divegeester does is challenge the doctrine of a 'hell'. That is it. He never, ever speaks of anything regarding Christianity.....like, feeding the poor, helping the homeless, or saving another man's soul. Never. He is here to just troll, and talk about hell.

Stop it already divegeester, either claim yourself as an atheist......or start acting like a Christian. Love, being the key word. Your posts are becoming boring and predictable....hell, being the only topic you are willing to discuss.
  2. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    23 Jul '15 22:17
    Originally posted by chaney3
    Divegeester is a fake Christian. I have been reading posts for 2 months now, and have never, never seen divegeester post anything that would hint at his Christianity. The ONLY thing divegeester does is challenge the doctrine of a 'hell'. That is it. He never, ever speaks of anything regarding Christianity.....like, feeding the poor, helping the homeless, ...[text shortened]... ts are becoming boring and predictable....hell, being the only topic you are willing to discuss.
    Despite some confused Christians claiming otherwise, the choices are not Christian or atheist.

Even assuming that you were correct that divegeester is not a Christian, and you are not in any position
    to make that claim, that does by no means automatically make him an atheist.

To qualify as an atheist he would have to lack a belief in any god or gods.

Simply not meeting your requirements of being a 'true Christian' tm doesn't mean anything.
  3. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    23 Jul '15 22:23
    Divegeester is a fake Christian. I have been reading posts for 2 months now, and have never, never seen divegeester post anything that would hint at his Christianity. The ONLY thing divegeester does is challenge the doctrine of a 'hell'. That is it. He never, ever speaks of anything regarding Christianity.....like, feeding the poor, helping the homeless, ...[text shortened]... ts are becoming boring and predictable....hell, being the only topic you are willing to discuss.
    One doesn't TALK of feeding the poor. Either do it, or do not. You can't prove it either way online.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Jul '15 22:24
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Despite some confused Christians claiming otherwise, the choices are not Christian or atheist.

Even assuming that you were correct that divegeester is not a Christian, and you are not in any position

To qualify as an atheist he would have to lack a belief in any god or g ...[text shortened]... s.

Simply not meeting your requirements of being a 'true Christian' tm doesn't mean anything.
    Divegeester has already claimed in other threads that he will abandon completely the entire New Testament if the theory of a 'hell' could be proven some how. He only wants to believe in his own personal beliefs regarding the 'afterlife', and constantly avoids the teachings of the Bible regarding a 'hell'. He has his own idea of what Jesus may or may have not taught, and will not stray from it. Either way, he NEVER talks about anything other than hell, never a peep about other Christian ways of life......feeding the homeless, etc.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Jul '15 22:36
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    One doesn't TALK of feeding the poor. Either do it, or do not. You can't prove it either way online.
    Agreed!!!! You would think in a 'spirituality forum' that one could read about many, many cases of helping and feeding the poor. But.....not once have I read such things. This forum does NOT seem to care too much about being a Christian, just merely speaking as one would suffice.
  6. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    23 Jul '15 22:39
    Originally posted by googlefudge

To qualify as an atheist he would have to lack a belief in any god or g ...[text shortened]... s.

He hasn't claimed to believe in any other god or gods, so chaneys point is a valid one. Divegeester claims to only believing in his version of the Christian God, so technically he can't be called an atheist. It's a somewhat clever position for him to take, but his version of the Christian God is so far off base it can't even be called a cult much less a denomination.
    Hell may be his primary focus of objection but it's definitely not the only Christian doctrine he challenges. He's apparently chosen one limited idea of salvation and tossed the rest of it into his trash bin. Dive will be okay if God agrees with him or if God doesn't exist... I personally think he is pushing his luck, but it's his decision to make so I'm not going to argue with him about this.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Jul '15 23:03
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    He hasn't claimed to believe in any other god or gods, so chaneys point is a valid one. Divegeester claims to only believing in [b]his version of the Christian God, so technically he can't be called an atheist. It's a somewhat clever position for him to take, but his version of the Christian God is so far off base it can't even be called a cult much l ...[text shortened]... s pushing his luck, but it's his decision to make so I'm not going to argue with him about this.[/b]
    Good points lemon lime. I would add this again: I have never, ever seen divegeester post anything positive regarding the Christian life. Never have I read dive saying that he personally fed a hungry person, or gave a dollar to a homeless man. His Christian beliefs seem only to be 'paper Christianity', meaning......he has nothing valid to offer. Only the endless pursuit of a 'hell doctrine'.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    24 Jul '15 00:53
    A whole thread devoted to belitling another poster ?
    These things normally backfire .. have fun 😀
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    24 Jul '15 00:59
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    A whole thread devoted to belitling another poster ?
    These things normally backfire .. have fun 😀
    Your beliefs always come under scrutiny........who do you think you are Rak? Nobody is my answer. Your version of Christianity is always under scrutiny........which makes you a baboon.
  10. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    24 Jul '15 01:06
    we are too busy discussing how the murdering of canaanites and the people during noah's flood might actually be wonderful things.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Jul '15 01:111 edit
    Agreed!!!! You would think in a 'spirituality forum' that one could read about many, many cases of helping and feeding the poor. But.....not once have I read such things. This forum does NOT seem to care too much about being a Christian, just merely speaking as one would suffice.
    I remember in the past we have talked about what we have done for the poor. But it gets to the point when it seems to turn into a bragging contest as to who has done most and who cares most. And I have decided not to get involved in such discussion any more.

We have moved on to other things now and it may be unfair to Divegeester to make that accusation. I don't recall what he said during those discussions, but i did not get the impression that he was not a Christian or was turning away from the Christian faith back then.

He has long had a strong issue with the two JWs about their belief on blood transfusions and I certainly agree with him on that. It may be partially my fault that he is so against this idea of an eternal Hell, since I informed him that i believed he deserved to go to Hell.
  12. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    24 Jul '15 07:06
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I remember in the past we have talked about what we have done for the poor. But it gets to the point when it seems to turn into a bragging contest as to who has done most and who cares most. And I have decided not to get involved in such discussion any more.

We have moved on to other things now and it may be unfair to Divegeester to make that accusation ...[text shortened]... st this idea of an eternal Hell, since I informed him that i believed he deserved to go to Hell.
    Nice post Hinds. ;o)

I have heard Dive say on a couple of occasions that if any of us were in trouble he would give us the shirt off his back. 'Any of us.'
    I have many weaknesses, but i am i believe a good judge of character. I believe Dive completely when he says he would help anyone who needed help. How more Christian can you get?!?

I also recall he was the first person to give Chaney considerate advice when he came to this site.
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    24 Jul '15 13:39
    Divegeester is a fake Christian. I have been reading posts for 2 months now, and have never, never seen divegeester post anything that would hint at his Christianity. The ONLY thing divegeester does is challenge the doctrine of a 'hell'. That is it. He never, ever speaks of anything regarding Christianity.....like, feeding the poor, helping the homeless, or ...[text shortened]... posts are becoming boring and predictable....hell, being the only topic you are willing to discuss.
    Why not leave the judgment of other people to omniscient God? He alone knows our hidden thoughts and motives.
  14. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    24 Jul '15 13:45
    My point is that it doesn't do any good to come in here and brag about how you love to feed the poor. If you don't hear it from Christian posters, I don't think it's correct to simply assume they don't care about doing it. It's more that they realize that there's no way they can prove they actually do it, or they're doing it for a motivation other than winning points in an online debate forum (which strikes me as an extremely shallow motivation at best).
  15. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    24 Jul '15 13:46
    Originally posted by RJHinds

We have moved on to other things now and it may be unfair to Divegeester to make that accusation ...[text shortened]... st this idea of an eternal Hell, since I informed him that i believed he deserved to go to Hell.
    This may be the first post of yours I have thumbed up. Good job.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree