Big thanks to Edwardipov...

Big thanks to Edwardipov...

Announcements

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
13 Sep 04

..who decided to fill in all the blanks in the flag index.

The now complete index can be found here :

<a href="/help/index.php?help=flags">/help/index.php?help=flags</a>

-Russ

CC
Sparky

Hendersonville, NC

Moves
14 Sep 04

Originally posted by Russ
..who decided to fill in all the blanks in the flag index.

The now complete index can be found here :

<a href="/help/index.php?help=flags">/help/index.php?help=flags</a>

-Russ
That's really cool. Somehow, I never really imagined that there were that many flags in the world......dumb me. πŸ™‚

~ Cheshire Cat πŸ˜€

r
CHAOS GHOST!!!

Elsewhere

Moves
14 Sep 04

This is very cool. In honor of this I have moved from the Wallis and Futuna Islands to Macedonia.

T

Moves
15 Sep 04

Cool indeed! Thank you, Edward!

The RudeΒ©

who knows?

Moves
15 Sep 04

There's no more Yugoslavia,now it is split in Serbia and Montenegro.

E
mid-table mediocrity

east london hellhole

Moves
16 Sep 04

Originally posted by Ravello
That's true, though the flag for 'Serbia and Montenego' remains the same. Similarly, Macedonia should technically be referred to as The Former Yugoslav Republic Of Macedonia. And let's not mention the Malvinas, or Tibet, or Taiwan...

yours in trainspotter fashion,
andy

P

Serbia

Moves
17 Sep 04
1 edit

Originally posted by Ravello
It is now called &quot;State Union of Serbia and Montenegro&quot;. It is a loose federation, though for how much long it remains to be seen. 😞

&quot;Serbia and Montenegro is the name of the union of Serbia and Montenegro, two former Yugoslav republics joined together into a loose federation. It is located on the west-central Balkan Peninsula.
Serbia and Montenegro came to an agreement only to cooperate in some political fields (e.g. a defence union). The states have their own economic policies and currencies. Serbia and Montenegro does not have a unified capital any more. Though most institutions are in Belgrade, some have been moved to Podgorica.
The temporary constitution called Constitutional charter was adopted on February 4, 2003, in the Skupstina. Each of the two states may seek full independence via a referendum to be held in 2006.&quot;
(from Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_Page)

The winemaker

Austria

Moves
18 Sep 04

Originally posted by Edwardipov
That's true, though the flag for 'Serbia and Montenego' remains the same. Similarly, Macedonia should technically be referred to as The Former Yugoslav Republic Of Macedonia. And let's not mention the Malvinas, or Tibet, or Taiwan...

yours in trainspotter fashion,
andy
Thanks for the flags!

I think in order to avoid confusion, a 'mouse over' displaying country names would be nice.

Gotti

Zeist, Holland

Moves
20 Sep 04

A message from Nick Itpicker about the name of a country: it is not 'Netherlands', but 'The Netherlands', 'Netherlands, The' or 'Holland'. πŸ™„

Anyway, if somebody would be so kind to change it.

t
Xebite

in front of you

Moves
21 Sep 04

Originally posted by piderman
A message from Nick Itpicker about the name of a country: it is not 'Netherlands', but 'The Netherlands', 'Netherlands, The' or 'Holland'. πŸ™„

Anyway, if somebody would be so kind to change it.
what's the difference between &quot;the Netherlands&quot; and &quot;Holland&quot;?
th

Zeist, Holland

Moves
21 Sep 04

Originally posted by thire
what's the difference between "the Netherlands" and "Holland"?
th
No real difference, though 'The Netherlands' probably means 'The low lands', and 'Holland', 'Deep land'. Not sure about that. But my point is that the 'The' should be included, as that is one of the two official English names.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
22 Sep 04

Ok, I'll make this change soon.

-Russ