Games Explorer

Games Explorer

Announcements

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
09 Jun 07
1 edit

Originally posted by zebano
Note that it doesn't include any games by players rated < 1400. Since you are in the 13hundreds, it won't show any of your games.
Now that my rating is 1520 will all my games show up in the database?
Or will it only have any games that I have done while my rating was over 1400?

w
Chocolate Expert

Cocoa Mountains

Moves
10 Jun 07

I really have enjoyed and started using the games explorer recently...thanks again!

One request is simply to have a link directly from the RHP/TFC/TIG main page.

Thanks again!

R
The Rams

Moves
11 Jun 07
1 edit

Note that it doesn't include any games by players rated < 1400. Since you are in the 13hundreds, it won't show any of your games.
My games never show up and I have never been below 1400...but I really just use it to which lines have been played, not to look at my games.

i

Moves
19 Jun 07

Originally posted by Ramned
My games never show up and I have never been below 1400...but I really just use it to which lines have been played, not to look at my games.
both players have to be over i think...i hope i get in there on day! 😀

z

Moves
13 Jul 07

Not only do both players have to be over, but the database hasn't been updated in a loooong time. Newer games are not found there.

K

Moves
13 Jul 07

Not only do both players have to be over, but the database hasn't been updated in a loooong time. Newer games are not found there.
Yeah, why isn't the database up-to-date?
It should be possible for the DB to be updated every 24 hours like the player table.

i

Moves
14 Jul 07

Originally posted by Kalhornov
It should be possible for the DB to be updated every 24 hours like the player table.
youre right...the more games, the more usefull of a tool, i think this has been said in the site ideas...

S

Moves
14 Jul 07

I'd settle for 4 updates a year!
I P.M'd Russ about it & he said he'd ask Chris how the updates were coming along.

K

Moves
14 Jul 07

Originally posted by Squelchbelch
I'd settle for 4 updates a year!
I P.M'd Russ about it & he said he'd ask Chris how the updates were coming along.
Does the admin have to pull a bunch of levers and push a bunch of buttons to update the DB?
I mean the admin doesn't add the games by typing in the moves by hand.
Surely the procedure can be automated with a script.

S

Moves
14 Jul 07

Does the admin have to pull a bunch of levers and push a bunch of buttons to update the DB?
I mean the admin doesn't add the games by typing in the moves by hand.
Surely the procedure can be automated with a script.
Of course it is!
The point being, the procedure must be time-intensive because I know Chris was doing some work on the update but got involved in other things.
I don't think it's as straightforward as you suggest. Maybe large chunks of the script need re-writing or something?

You could always PM Chris & ask him. I'm not - already PM'd him about it a few months ago!

R
The Rams

Moves
14 Jul 07

Of course it is!
The point being, the procedure must be time-intensive because I know Chris was doing some work on the update but got involved in other things.
I don't think it's as straightforward as you suggest. Maybe large chunks of the script need re-writing or something?

You could always PM Chris & ask him. I'm not - already PM'd him about it a few months ago!
I think the DB is good but could use more 1800 + games. Also, on the rare occasions I look openings up under Master Games, a random game of RHP comes up 😕

c

Edmonton

Moves
15 Jul 07

It looks like something might have happened to the gamesexplorer db recently? I can't find any games for players who have hundreds of games since they've been members of RHP for 1.5 years. My own games are greatly reduced too - and only the oldest ones are available to search.

Can anyone confirm this problem?

S

Moves
16 Jul 07

Originally posted by calydon
It looks like something might have happened to the gamesexplorer db recently? I can't find any games for players who have hundreds of games since they've been members of RHP for 1.5 years. My own games are greatly reduced too - and only the oldest ones are available to search.

Can anyone confirm this problem?
I think this issue has been covered err... maybe 50 times in this thread.

M
A Chess Friend :-)

Texas :-)

Moves
27 Jul 07

I think the DB is good but could use more 1800 + games.
Chessgames.com has a larger group of master games in it's database. Their "Openings Explorer" makes a nice supplement to RHP's Games Explorer.

i

Moves
27 Jul 07

I think this issue has been covered err... maybe 50 times in this thread.
LOL! basically every post said something like this in here doc 😉