Recommended posts returns

Recommended posts returns

Announcements

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
11 Sep 06
1 edit

The recommended posts index makes a return after a prolonged absence. It is now updated once every night (GMT).

Lets just hope the quality of the recommended posts improve, otherwise this may be a brief revival.

-Russ

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
11 Sep 06

There's a typo at the top of the page, it says Recommeneded.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
11 Sep 06
1 edit

Thanks for pointing that out. 😳

(now fixed - will be more careful in future...)

-Russ

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
11 Sep 06

Originally posted by Russ
The recommended posts index makes a return after a prolonged absence. It is now updated once every night (GMT).

Lets just hope the quality of the recommended posts improve, otherwise this may be a brief revival.

-Russ
You have to wonder about the way certain clans rec everything that their clan mates do.

The rec system is a joke.

m

Moves
11 Sep 06

Originally posted by Red Night
can i hear it?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
11 Sep 06

Originally posted by mazziewag
can i hear it?
You (along with the rest of us) already heard it.

We didn't laugh because it's not funny.

But it's still a joke, just a bad one.

m

Moves
11 Sep 06

some people seem to like it, its like sex to them . i think people call them rec whores...

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
11 Sep 06
1 edit

I think that's a step in the wrong direction.

I posted this in site ideas back in July '05...

"I do agree that sometimes it is a waste of time looking at this section, as evidenced when posts by katty dominated a while back.

What I propose is this: Expand the recommendations concept, to try to make it more worthwhile. I find I mostly rec posts when I have a little laugh out loud, or when I think a political point that I agree with is well made. As things stand, both of these posts would receive a generic rec. What I propose is that different subsections of recs be introduced, for example...
LOL'ed for the funny ones, and
A post of Bushian eloquency and brilliance for the political ones. Other categories could be
Yey, he hath spoken for the ones which support religious idealogies well,
The naysayer sayeth nay well for the posts which argue against the presence of god well,
Eureka! for good ideas in the site ideas,
OOOOO, that's gotta hurt for good goads in the clan section,
The wise one has spoken for the brigade who rec all of Russ' posts."

Thread 26003

Expand the rec system, don't get rid of it.

D

[EDIT] I don't mind if the category names are changed. 🙂

B
Non-Subscriber

RHP IQ

Moves
11 Sep 06

The recommended posts index makes a return after a prolonged absence.

-Russ
Apology accepted.

X
Cancerous Bus Crash

p^2.sin(phi)

Moves
11 Sep 06

Originally posted by Red Night
You have to wonder about the way certain clans rec everything that their clan mates do.

Says the person in the clan with a policy to rec other clan members posts.

E
YNWA

Moves
11 Sep 06

-Russ
The vast majority of those recommended posts are pointless bickering - what are you trying to achieve with this page? It's not at all informative nor educational. IMO it will only encourage more bickering. You could do all the coding Ragnorak suggests but a far simpler solution is to get rid of recs. I think the site will not lose anything by doing this, apart from spamming from people desperate for them.

wotagr8game

tbc

Moves
11 Sep 06

Originally posted by Bowmann
Apology accepted.
lol

Vampyroteuthis

Infernalis

Moves
12 Sep 06

Where did "_____'s public forum posts" go? There used to be a link in "my profile".

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
12 Sep 06

Originally posted by XanthosNZ
Says the person in the clan with a policy to rec other clan members posts.
What did you say Xanthos?

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
12 Sep 06

Originally posted by ElleEffSeee
The vast majority of those recommended posts are pointless bickering - what are you trying to achieve with this page? It's not at all informative nor educational. IMO it will only encourage more bickering. You could do all the coding Ragnorak suggests but a far simpler solution is to get rid of recs. I think the site will not lose anything by doing this, apart from spamming from people desperate for them.
RED NIGHT SEAL OF APPROVAL