Scheduled outage, 27th December

Scheduled outage, 27th December

Announcements

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
24 Dec 05

A longer than normal outage will be taking place at approx 9am GMT on the 27th December. (It could be as long as 6 hours, but should be shorter) This is to undertake a significant server software upgrade.

The change does not introduce any new features (although some are not far behind and will be going into beta shortly).

-Russ

j

Moves
25 Dec 05

Why the outage during the very period when people are fed up post Christmas and many people are on holiday. Why not do it early in January?

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
25 Dec 05

Most people play at work. The site will be relatively lightly loaded during this period, and we need to get this update done ASAP. (It has been delayed long enough already.)

-Russ

z
Mouth for war

Burlington, KY

Moves
25 Dec 05

Thanks for the heads up. πŸ˜‰

The RudeΒ©

who knows?

Moves
26 Dec 05

Originally posted by Russ
A longer than normal outage will be taking place at approx 9am GMT on the 27th December. (It could be as long as 6 hours, but should be shorter) This is to undertake a significant server software upgrade.

The change does not introduce any new features (although some are not far behind and will be going into beta shortly).

-Russ
Perfect,I'll be sleeping during all the outage, so no problem here!πŸ˜€

K
Happier Now!!

Home!!

Moves
26 Dec 05

Originally posted by Ravello
Perfect,I'll be sleeping during all the outage, so no problem here!πŸ˜€
works for me, I can use the break!πŸ˜€

h

Moves
26 Dec 05

-Russ
Tomorrow is going to be a very boring day at the office.
*traces blade along wrist*

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
26 Dec 05

Originally posted by hopscotch
Tomorrow is going to be a very boring day at the office.
*traces blade along wrist*
Get the pgn's of your games sent to you now.

That way, tomorrow you can look at the games that you've been putting on the long finger, offline.

D

s
515 + 30 days

Syver Yurt TC

Moves
27 Dec 05

-Russ
From the deep south, going by the site downtime it looks like you started early but as at 27.12.05 2215 hrs nzdst ( thats 26.12.05 0915 hrs GMT ) and after re-loading the desktop shortcuts all is well.

skeeter

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
27 Dec 05
1 edit

The upgrade is complete! (And it did happen earlier than planned.)

All appears well, and the downtime was minimal.

REALLY big 'thank you's to everyone who tested the beta since we kicked off the process in mid-November. Your help was much appreciated.

-Russ

s
515 + 30 days

Syver Yurt TC

Moves
27 Dec 05

The upgrade is complete! (And it did happen earlier than planned.)

All appears well, and the downtime was minimal.

REALLY big '[b]thank you
's to everyone who tested the beta since we kicked off the process in mid-November. Your help was much appreciated.

-Russ[/b]
More feedback. Page load/refresh is super fast. Best ever. Is it my imagination or are the graphics sharper as well?

skeeter

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
27 Dec 05

No change to the graphics, but the site will be very quick because of the upgrade and the light loading at the moment.

-Russ

M

Moves
27 Dec 05

Well done Russ, everything seems to be running smoothly.

It is just strange not having to access the site via the beta address now!

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
27 Dec 05
1 edit

I will be closing the beta site in the next hour, so everyone is aware the test is over.

Big thanks to (in no particular order) :

Zakkwylder
MRoberts
Freddie2004
Wildfire
Wulebgr
Yashsr
Wheely
Ark13
Aiko
mrmist
XanthosNZ

I hope I haven't missed anyone (likely), so apologies if I did.

-Russ

K
Happier Now!!

Home!!

Moves
27 Dec 05

I will be closing the beta site in the next hour, so everyone is aware the test is over.

Big thanks too (in no particular order) :

Zakkwylder
MRoberts
Freddie2004
Wildfire
Wulebgr
Yashsr
Wheely
Ark13
Aiko
mrmist
XanthosNZ

I hope I haven't missed anyone (likely), so apologies if I did.

-Russ
just me but thats ok