1. Donationketchuplover
    Isolated Pawn
    Wisconsin USA
    Moves
    22 Apr '15 23:27
    New site works slightly better on Maxthon browser than Chrome browser in my opinion.
    Your mileage may vary. Void where prohibited. Non-sectarian. Not for profit.
  2. Joined
    08 Jun '09
    Moves
    23 Apr '15 15:53
    I agree! I use both and it was great! Now howver, I find I can't view other people's games. I used to be able to replay others games. Great learning tool!
  3. Joined
    11 Mar '14
    Moves
    23 Apr '15 18:45
  4. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    23 Apr '15 19:061 edit
    Originally posted by Timid weakling
    I agree! I use both and it was great! Now howver, I find I can't view other people's games. I used to be able to replay others games. Great learning tool!
    Can you give more details on why you are now unable to see other people's games please. Nothing has changed in this respect.
  5. Joined
    27 Jan '08
    Moves
    23 Apr '15 22:04
    Generally seems to be working fine so far . . . BUT, my blitz games don't show the "dead soldiers" anymore. What's up with that?
  6. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    24 Apr '15 10:48
    I just noticed this site now gives the option of clickable web links. That is pretty awesome! Saves me a lot of effort while on my Ipad.
  7. Subscriberjharker
    Chess Obsessed
    Ashland, OR
    Moves
    24 Apr '15 13:08
    My experience is worse with the new interface on an iPad1. Although the is some benefit elsewhere the "my games" screen is much harder to navigate and requires me to hold the tablet in landscape mode, scroll to the right and move around a lot to see as many games in the list as I used to get with one click. The portrait mode leaves the menu as half the screen. Suggest you let me minimize the menu to the left to permit the list to fill the screen. This matters to me because when games are close to timeout I pick them from the list one by one, so this screen is crucial. Thanks for running such a great site!
  8. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    24 Apr '15 15:06
    Originally posted by jharker
    My experience is worse with the new interface on an iPad1. Although the is some benefit elsewhere the "my games" screen is much harder to navigate and requires me to hold the tablet in landscape mode, scroll to the right and move around a lot to see as many games in the list as I used to get with one click.
    Can you confirm that you are using the new "compact" mode - you can launch to the game from the coloured indicators on the far left so a scroll to the right should not be necessary.

Testing this on an iPad 1 emulation in portrait seems OK.

The issues with the "last move" date wrapping to take up 4 rows has been resolved now too.
  9. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    24 Apr '15 17:55
    Originally posted by Carl Corey
    Generally seems to be working fine so far . . . BUT, my blitz games don't show the "dead soldiers" anymore. What's up with that?
    This issue is confirmed and has been added to the New UI Support FAQ - Thread 163857. It maybe over 48 hours before you see this fixed, unfortunately, as it requires further investigation.
  10. Joined
    28 Jun '07
    Moves
    25 Apr '15 00:38
    The Rating Trend on player profile pages is now useless - it doesn't load enough games to show a player's progress. The old Rating Trend was particularly useful for spotting engine users. Please return the old Rating Trend graph.
  11. Subscribergregsflat
    Guitarist
    @William Penn's gaze
    Moves
    26 Apr '15 14:28
    I used to like the rating graph in the profile of our wins and losses.
  12. Subscriberflyingcodonline
    Berg Katze
    The Edge of Sanity
    Moves
    26 Apr '15 14:37
    Originally posted by Russ
    This is recurring complaint, so yes, we will provide an alternative "my games" view on mobile.
    Thanks Russ, the "Compact" button to list the games is much better.

Cheers

fc
  13. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    27 Apr '15 17:33
    Originally posted by Carl Corey
    Captured pieces are now showing as expected.
  14. Joined
    27 Jan '08
    Moves
    27 Apr '15 19:03
    Yep, it's working for me now. Thanks for the fix.
  15. Subscribergregsflat
    Guitarist
    @William Penn's gaze
    Moves
    28 Apr '15 13:32
    Originally posted by gregsflat
    I used to like the rating graph in the profile of our wins and losses.
    I see it now, thank you, I don't know if I was going to the correct page before, but if I click on my pic, go to profile, I see the graph.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree