Urgent games and current messages

Urgent games and current messages

Announcements

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
18 Jul 07

Originally posted by Aiko
Desperately I was on the need for something like this, and it is finally there!

Although I would have prefered it to be integrated on the My Games page. Will this functionality be tweaked (also) to the My Games page itself (so you can sort all games by urgent games), by any chance, in some future?
I like the fact that it's on the top bar. This way, you can access it from anywhere on the site, you don't have to go to My Games to see it.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
18 Jul 07

Desperately I was on the need for something like this, and it is finally there!

Although I would have prefered it to be integrated on the My Games page. Will this functionality be tweaked (also) to the My Games page itself (so you can sort all games by urgent games), by any chance, in some future?
Click on Alert to sort the My Games page in the same order as the new feature.

D

Nearing 250000...!

Moves
18 Jul 07

Originally posted by Ragnorak
Click on Alert to sort the My Games page in the same order as the new feature.

D
That's not really the same.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
19 Jul 07

That's not really the same.
How so?

D

OAO
ParTizan

Philadelphia, USA

Moves
19 Jul 07

you have to go to the my games page

Moves
20 Jul 07

Someone message me so I can see the 2nd feature...🙂

wotagr8game

tbc

Moves
20 Jul 07

Russ this is the best damn feature you've added since i got here! What a blessing!! 😀

c
Blogger

clausjensen.com

Moves
20 Jul 07
1 edit

Let me start by saying that I think the new features are great!

I do have a few comments, though:

1. How are urgent games defined? I currently have 3 games where my timebank is depleting, but none of them are showing in the urgent games list??
2. There's a glitch if you click the "info" link next to any game - the mini board is there, but the pieces are filling out only appr 60% of the board.
Edit: The "info glitch" apparently only applies after you have clicked the urgent games link...

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
20 Jul 07

1) Top 10 games closest to being timed out. (The least timeout days and timebank combined.)

2) Well spotted. There is a clash between the old and the new here. The info links are going to be migrated to the newer code shortly, so this glitch will go then anyway. (It is trivial to fix anyway.)

The Opera glitch mentioned in my first post is now fixed too, so support for this stuff should be across the board now. (Unless you are mad enough to use IE5 on a Mac still...)

-Russ

c
Blogger

clausjensen.com

Moves
20 Jul 07

Originally posted by Russ
1) Top 10 games closest to being timed out. (The least timeout days and timebank combined.)

-Russ
Thanks for the clarification.
I normally look for small yellow clocks on My Games page and
move in those games first. That's why I was surprised not to
find those games in the urgent games list.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
20 Jul 07

Originally posted by Marinkatomb
Russ this is the best damn feature you've added since i got here! What a blessing!! 😀
I'm pleased you like it.

There are a few more similar enhancements waiting to be released on Monday too.

-Russ

OAO
ParTizan

Philadelphia, USA

Moves
23 Jul 07

yeaaay!!!!

OAO
ParTizan

Philadelphia, USA

Moves
23 Jul 07

ow, yea Russ forgot to tell you, its kinda a bug i guess with the urgent game. if i created a game, and i am white, and i still dont have an opponent and click on the open invites that game show up. just saying that that happens. but still a great idea!!!

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
23 Jul 07
1 edit

There are a few more similar enhancements waiting to be released on Monday too.
Due to flooding at RHP HQ offices, I might not get the new stuff out the door today.

-Russ

F
9 Edits

London

Moves
23 Jul 07

Due to flooding at RHP HQ offices, I might not get the new stuff out the door today.

-Russ
Is everything alright?! Where abouts is RHP based anyway? I seem to remember you telling us at the meet but I've forgotten.