different views

different views

Clans

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
29 Oct 16

Originally posted by mghrn55
Collusion between clans will be front and center in this discussion.

Now please try to calm down !!
You are starting to squeak !! 😀
mghrn55,
It appears he is starting to get concerned now. It is a little late for that in my humble opinion. He WAS and IS part of the problem, along with Breaking bad, Anti-metallica which should have sent out red flags to Administration, also Arrow.

Those are the ones we know of and not counting Maiden Gertrudes contribution to the on going Collusion. A roll back in the way these points were obtained is needed to maintain the dignity of the site, if for no other reason.

It is sad we are even at this point. The clan challenges use to be a fun place to come and compete.

Regards,
-VR

m

Moves
29 Oct 16

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Strangely enough neither have you proffered anything.
My suggestion of a referee is out there.
And worthy of consideration.

Remember, it was always said that the clan system is a loose informal feature that runs on an honor system.
Honor systems usually require human intervention from time to time.

I welcome suggestions from all sides.

My offering is in there with the others.

You have also offered something.
But it was too easy to see that you took other posters' ideas and wrapped them around your obsession with sandbagging which is wrapped around your obsession with Metallica.

You're not that hard to see through.
But you do look opaque compared to McTayto !! 😀

He just whines about Metallica all the time.

Moves
29 Oct 16
1 edit

Originally posted by padger
The problem with the Clan system is anyone who considers the Clan they are in is better than any other Clan
What the Clan pages show who is most active not the best teams
How can you compare one clan who plays 100 games with another one who only plays 50
Also how can you play in more than 1 Clan at a time
How would it be if a Quarterback played for more ...[text shortened]... t of challenges
No players to be in more than one Clan
Find some way of stopping sand bagging
Hey Padger,
It is difficult to get a handle on the big picture. The most active, but also the leaders choice play into the totals. Don't forget that about half the players in these clans have lives, don't always care about the clan as much as real life events.

Clan Leaders: Please take a chill pill or something !

This site is an important relaxation effort for me. I pride my ability to set matches that produce points. I don't want to believe the three bottom clans are throwing points at anybody, perhaps they are just enjoying the clan play because they have lives. They do win sometimes, never against Easy or Metallica but few clans do win against them.

Why does this forum have to be a personal attack on innovative winners. Perhaps all clans will benefit from a suspension of the 5 clans for a few months to let us catch up.

Maybe we should change the rules of clan membership. The website is not the reason for this ridiculous discussion...who does this...who is doing that. They should not be penalized because we can't play nice. Booting subscribers is not a business plan. It is anger because we can't play nice together.

I disagree with rating caps of 200 point spread. I often want to play higher rated players to balance the average and can not. If I want to play a higher rated member to keep my high rated member for a better match, it should be allowed if the CLAN LEADER so agrees.

Points should be limited so no clan can run away with the totals. Maximum challenges, minimum losses (bounce clans from the list for the year if they fall below -100 negative; prevent runaway clans from starting challenges if they are 100 over the second clan.

m

Moves
29 Oct 16

Originally posted by dsmith
Hey Padger,
It is difficult to get a handle on the big picture. The most active, but also the leaders choice play into the totals. Don't forget that about half the players in these clans have lives, don't always care about the clan as much as real life events.

Clan Leaders: Please take a chill pill or something !

This site is an important relaxation ...[text shortened]... 0 negative; prevent runaway clans from starting challenges if they are 100 over the second clan.
The clan system has gotten a bit personal and out of hand.

Clan games amount to 10% of my total games in progress ... if that.

But the clan I am in has been the target of the accusations, not the initiator.
You may not believe that
But that's ok.

Improvements to the system are welcome.
Discussion is welcome.

I'll leave it at that.

rc

Moves
30 Oct 16

Originally posted by mghrn55
The clan system has gotten a bit personal and out of hand.

Clan games amount to 10% of my total games in progress ... if that.

But the clan I am in has been the target of the accusations, not the initiator.
You may not believe that
But that's ok.

Improvements to the system are welcome.
Discussion is welcome.

I'll leave it at that.
Will Metallica ever be able to contribute something relevant to the thread? Will they ever proffer a solution?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
30 Oct 16

Either address the issues facing all clans or please be quiet because you are distracting from the real concerns of all clan leaders who do not wish to see this thread degenerate into another metallica arm waving fiasco.
The issues YOU have created this year DO affect all clans, and the real concerns of all clan leaders is seeing to it that this travesty does not happen again.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
30 Oct 16

Will Metallica ever be able to contribute something relevant to the thread? Will they ever proffer a solution?
Many feel that you have surrendered your right to an opinion regarding the future of the clan system when you decided to destroy it with your cheating and collusion.

The guilty should not be involved in 'reforming' the system. Period.

Highlander

Planet Earth

Moves
30 Oct 16

Originally posted by Suzianne
Many feel that you have surrendered your right to an opinion regarding the future of the clan system when you decided to destroy it with your cheating and collusion.

The guilty should not be involved in 'reforming' the system. Period.
With 552 timeouts and being the queen of sandbaggers do you really think we should take heed of anything you spout on the forums ??

Here

Moves
30 Oct 16

The 200 limit on clan games does not go far enough in my opinion
It should be 100
If you want to play outside of this limit ( play better players )
Just join an open tournament

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
30 Oct 16

The 200 limit on clan games does not go far enough in my opinion
It should be 100
If you want to play outside of this limit ( play better players )
Just join an open tournament
padger,
Sounds good in theory. Can it actually be put to practice though in real clan challenges? Where I use to have 40 clan games on the go at a time. I am lucky now to reach 10. Usually have 6 or 8 because of the new restrictions put in placc, which I might add did nothing to stop the collusion between "Easy Riders", Breaking bad, anti-metallica, and arrow.

There has to be someone who watches for these things. Like a mediator(s) as suggested by another poster. That might have a better chance of keeping things more even. Someone can put their rating where they want it. Or they can just make a new account and start from scratch, there are many ways around it. Not even a mediator can do much about that.

We do need human intervention in my humble opinion. The honor system certainly doesn't seem to be working. This year has proved that beyond a shadow of doubt. I believe if I was Russ, I'd be pretty fed up with the whole thing.

As I've said before the only way to resolve the situation is BOOT those responsible. That should teach everone else it is not acceptable. I know I am pretty well fed up with the situation.

Regards,
-VR

Fun, fun fun!!

On the beach

Moves
30 Oct 16

Originally posted by Very Rusty
padger,
Sounds good in theory. Can it actually be put to practice though in real clan challenges? Where I use to have 40 clan games on the go at a time. I am lucky now to reach 10. Usually have 6 or 8 because of the new restrictions put in placc, which I might add did nothing to stop the collusion between "Easy Riders", Breaking bad, anti-me ...[text shortened]... e else it is not acceptable. I know I am pretty well fed up with the situation.

Regards,
-VR
I agree. Boot carrobie, vespin, McTayo, and one or two others who have grievously injured the clan system this year. It's not as if what they have done to destroy the clan system is a maybe.........it's blatantly obvious. Boot them as an example to others that garbage like this will not be tolerated.

Lemondrop should be given a caution along with a few others who appear to be in cahoots with carrobie and co, but are not blatantly flaunting it.

A committee of proven long time leaders of clans who are accepted by the wider community should be set up immediately to review this year and place these bans and cautions as seen fit.

This year has been a year to forget as far as the clan system goes. Those responsible for wasting innocent players subscription fees to play in it should be banned pronto.

Here

Moves
30 Oct 16

It should be obvious to anyone that this is never going to be resolved and is fast going down he same old route of insulting each other
I will not bother any more with this topic
It is a shame because it started off so well

rc

Moves
30 Oct 16

It should be obvious to anyone that this is never going to be resolved and is fast going down he same old route of insulting each other
I will not bother any more with this topic
It is a shame because it started off so well
I am a little more optimistic, Russ has already put in place some little safeguards and has reformed the clan system more than once. I remain confident that he will come through.

rc

Moves
30 Oct 16
1 edit

Originally posted by radioactive69
I agree. Boot carrobie, vespin, McTayo, and one or two others who have grievously injured the clan system this year. It's not as if what they have done to destroy the clan system is a maybe.........it's blatantly obvious. Boot them as an example to others that garbage like this will not be tolerated.

Lemondrop should be given a caution along with a ...[text shortened]... esponsible for wasting innocent players subscription fees to play in it should be banned pronto.
we should also then boot all the blatant sandbaggers like . . . . .well you! That would be a great start.

Retired

Missouri

Moves
30 Oct 16

I like the idea of clans only playing clans on the same page that they ended the prior year. This should give rise to more competitive matches and avoid obvious collusion.
Regarding sandbagging, it ultimately falls to each clan leader to spot this and avoid competing clan players accordingly. Certainly clan leaders on page 1 are more than capable of this.