Disappering Clans - What can help?

Disappering Clans - What can help?

Clans

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
15 Jan 23

Thanks Medullah for starting this thread.
It has borne fruit.
The Yorkshire Laikers are up and running again

Lover of History

Northants, England

Moves
15 Jan 23

My pleasure 😀

Lover of History

Northants, England

Moves
15 Jan 23

Would the person that restricted my earlier post like to get in touch so that we can talk it through please?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
18 Jan 23

@venda said
It has borne fruit.
Yes, that is nice to see!

The more Clans the better, the more fighting for 1rst place even better.

-VR

Moves
19 Jan 23

@venda said
It has borne fruit.
nice one!

Lover of History

Northants, England

Moves
20 Jan 23

Thank you for everyone's positive contributions.

Lover of History

Northants, England

Moves
20 Jan 23

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
20 Jan 23

The post that was quoted here has been removed
As I've said before Pete,I really don't see the point of the thumbs.
I never look at them and have suggested they are scrapped completely.
At the very least, there should be an option in your profile to turn the things off

Badlands

Moves
20 Jan 23

@medullah

Seems to me, Pete, it's like treating the patient for a cough when what he actually needs is major heart surgery!

As everyone knows there's a reason why the no. of clans has been in progressive decline ... The historical abuse of the broken rating system by the leading clans. 

Clan leaders have had enough of the cheating, because that's what Metallica has been doing over the years.

Metallica's players have been significantly dropping ratings in non clan games recently. Go take a look if you don't believe me ....

Either way, while RHP continues to fail to implement a rating for clan games, the clan system, which is RHPs sole differentiator, will continue to decline ..

No point treating the cough, Pete. My suggestion to you and other Clan leaders is ignore challenges from Metallica ... they are all loaded, always have been, and always will be ..

Lover of History

Northants, England

Moves
22 Jan 23

@mghrnss said
@medullah

Seems to me, Pete, it's like treating the patient for a cough when what he actually needs is major heart surgery!

As everyone knows there's a reason why the no. of clans has been in progressive decline ... The historical abuse of the broken rating system by the leading clans. 

Clan leaders have had enough of the cheating, because that's what Metallica has b ...[text shortened]... is ignore challenges from Metallica ... they are all loaded, always have been, and always will be ..
I think that it would make perfect sense to have a seperate rating for clan matches, then if there is any suspicion of manipulation it can put to bed.

Dave

S.Yorks.England

Moves
22 Jan 23

@mghrnss said
@medullah

Clan leaders have had enough of the cheating, because that's what Metallica has b ...[text shortened]... is ignore challenges from Metallica ... they are all loaded, always have been, and always will be ..
It says on your profile you only joined the site last week.
If this is true and you've not been a member previously I would question what you know about Metallica's tactics over the years.
They readily admit to proposing lop sided challenges in their favour.
What leaders need to do is propose counter challenges to attempt to redress the balance instead of blindly accepting them.
If this fails, then just delete them

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
25 Jan 23
1 edit

@venda said
It says on your profile you only joined the site last week.
If this is true and you've not been a member previously I would question what you know about Metallica's tactics over the years.
They readily admit to proposing lop sided challenges in their favour.
What leaders need to do is propose counter challenges to attempt to redress the balance instead of blindly accepting them.
If this fails, then just delete them
In my opinion you are correct.

It is just that simple Clan Leaders can bounce it back with changes, or just ignore the challenge. Metallica has said that for years. It appears like cheating going on when it is just clan Leaders not knowing what they are doing or just accepting because it is the easier option for them. It is human nature, everyone is going to try and get an advantage if possible.

-VR

Lover of History

Northants, England

Moves
25 Jan 23

That’s very true; it’s down to the leaders to check the challenges for the benefit of their team.

m

Moves
25 Jan 23

@medullah said
That’s very true; it’s down to the leaders to check the challenges for the benefit of their team.
The very nature of clan challenge set up is the negotiation itself.
That is why the response mechanism is there.
To quote an old saying .......
You don't get what you deserve. You get what you negotiate.

👌

Moves
26 Jan 23
1 edit

Either implement a separate rating for clan games or stop whining about the clan feature dying.

That would stop unfair matchups with people who lose regular games thus bringing their rating down so they can win more clan games against easier opposition.

Then after that you would have to stop teams from resigning games once they see the challenge has already been won.

Fix that or...

Keep whining about it and eventually the clan feature dies.