Plastybolsaphobia

Plastybolsaphobia

Clans

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
17 Mar 17

Originally posted by mghrn55
If our clan members are sandbagging their ratings, then why does our clan have the highest average clan rating of the contenders on the clan table ?

It's a simple enough question.
That's not a relevant question. Sand bagging is bad because it makes players appear weaker than they really are, not because of what it does to a team's average rating.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
17 Mar 17

Originally posted by shortcircuit
I don't recall the entire proposed match up (and you know the system does not save them)
so it becomes your word against mine. However, the one in particular that I am referring
to had your player Sallen vs peewackman. Their ratings were close at the time, but their
playing levels were not even close.
I don't recall making that challenge. When was this? You do realize I've only recently become the clan's leader.

st johnstone

Moves
17 Mar 17

Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
Actually, the best way to fix the system is to restore integrity going forward by putting a fair system in place, for the first time.

Your obsession with punishment solves nothing other than satisfying your personal vendetta.

If I were Russ, I wouldn't respond to a partisan request for banning, based on violation of UNWRITTEN rules.
there should never be need for a system to stop cheating chess players should have the integrity to play fair

not an obsession with punishment, just asking for whats happened before to happen again, points have been removed clans have been suspended in the past,

the good news is you are not russ, russ has already said in the site idea thread collusion took place he will decide what punishments are handed out not you.

why the need for capitals trying to make the rubbish sound more convincing?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
18 Mar 17

If you aren't smart enough to know that the entire rating system is a sham, then you shouldn't be leading a clan.
I can go through your entire clan, and most every other,
and tell you what the true playing capability is. You have tossed challenges at me where
your players were way underrated against players whose current rating matched them.
Was t ...[text shortened]... ew up a bunch of tournaments
and dump the rating.

Now, what level of dumb are you claiming??
I personally have dropped challenges showing up in my inbox from clans using players who are rated lower than my player they are paired with, yet have higher 1 year and 5 year averages. I can finally see a sandbagger at first glance and I have been frankly shocked recently to see so many of them matched against my players in challenges some clan leaders actually think will fool me. I guess cause I'm a girl? I dunno. I usually send the challenge back fixed more evenly, but if they send it back to me with the original settings, including the rejected matches, I know they're not interested in fairness, only in pulling one over on me, and then I dump the challenge. It has really gotten really old, really fast.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
18 Mar 17
1 edit

Oh, yeah, and while I'm here, what the hell does "fear of plastic bags" have to do with clan chess?

(I have better things to do than reading an entire Clans Forum thread, thanks...)

Fun, fun fun!!

On the beach

Moves
18 Mar 17

Originally posted by Suzianne
Oh, yeah, and while I'm here, what the hell does "fear of plastic bags" have to do with clan chess?

(I have better things to do than reading an entire Clans Forum thread, thanks...)
Ask McGayo. I think he could answer that.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
18 Mar 17
1 edit

I don't recall making that challenge. When was this? You do realize I've only recently become the clan's leader.
I'm glad to see more people taking the reins and being clan leaders.

More people need to see just how tough it is.

Yeah, some mistakes get made, esp. at first, but it gets better.

Good luck with it.

Edit: Oh, I just now see that you took over Beer Clan. Good deal. It's a good clan that had fallen on some hard times recently. A firm hand will surely help over there. Remember to have some fun with it, too. 🙂

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
18 Mar 17

Originally posted by roma45
there should never be need for a system to stop cheating chess players should have the integrity to play fair
How naive. In the real world, some people cheat. Everyone knows that there are engine cheats, for example. To say there is never a need for the system to step in and stop cheating is an exceedingly foolish statement.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
18 Mar 17

Originally posted by Suzianne
I'm glad to see more people taking the reins and being clan leaders.

More people need to see just how tough it is.

Yeah, some mistakes get made, esp. at first, but it gets better.

Good luck with it.

Edit: Oh, I just now see that you took over Beer Clan. Good deal. It's a good clan that had fallen on some hard times recently. A firm hand will surely help over there. Remember to have some fun with it, too. 🙂
Thanks, and yes, there's a lot to learn. My main difficulty right now is that I don't know what the new system is going to be, so I don't know what my target is.

st johnstone

Moves
18 Mar 17

How naive. In the real world, some people cheat. Everyone knows that there are engine cheats, for example. To say there is never a need for the system to step in and stop cheating is an exceedingly foolish statement.
Your naïve if you think any system will stop scum like robbie and the sisters cheating
Punish them remove points

For the record the site is doing a great job stopping engine cheats plenty evidence but they are still here money more important than integrity
In the real world anyone who tries and cheats against me gets a walrus that stops others

Roll back is the cure your naïve if you think some system will stop cheats

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
18 Mar 17

Yes I realize you only recently became leader, and you were the leader when the challenge came across.

st johnstone

Moves
19 Mar 17

Yes I realize you only recently became leader, and you were the leader when the challenge came across.
Ouch
Looks like big dogs problem is his memory.

rc

Moves
19 Mar 17

this fantasy lopsided challenge, man you are a spangle

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
19 Mar 17

Originally posted by roma45
Your naïve if you think any system will stop scum like robbie and the sisters cheating
Punish them remove points

For the record the site is doing a great job stopping engine cheats plenty evidence but they are still here money more important than integrity
In the real world anyone who tries and cheats against me gets a walrus that stops others

Roll back is the cure your naïve if you think some system will stop cheats
This site is NOT banning enough engine cheats. I completely disagree with your assessment.

Without a system, you have only site owner intervention, and given how long it has taken to get any response on the issues with the clan system, that is too ineffectual.

Rolling back and banning clans didn't stop them before, and it won't if done again.

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
19 Mar 17

Fine. I admit, I would try to out strategize other leaders, including using players that are underrated at the time. But I wouldn't order them to resign games they weren't losing.