Where are Wycombe

Where are Wycombe

Clans

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
26 Feb 16
1 edit

getting all their points from? challenges like this,

Clan challenge 280052

greatest site

or just a tribute

Moves
26 Feb 16

average rating over 5 years 1254 v 1192, hardly comparable to what you and your wenches are doing

greatest site

or just a tribute

Moves
26 Feb 16

or over 1 year 1249 v 1188

greatest site

or just a tribute

Moves
26 Feb 16

i'd actually be interested to see if anyone can come up with the fairest challenge recently, i don't have time to do the maths but i'm sure there must be a a clan challenge going on where both teams are almost equal

greatest site

or just a tribute

Moves
26 Feb 16

and it won't involve Easy Riders, Breaking Bad, Arrow, Anti Metallica, Strategic Ultimatium, or University of Chess Fun (6 clans set up by 3 people...........)

rc

Moves
27 Feb 16
2 edits

Originally posted by Wycombe Al
average rating over 5 years 1254 v 1192, hardly comparable to what you and your wenches are doing
you base your challenges on the average rating over five years and then add them all up to determine if the challenge is fair? Really? You and Obed Blayer are a little too cosy for comfort Aldo my man!

greatest site

or just a tribute

Moves
27 Feb 16

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
you base your challenges on the average rating over five years and then add them all up to determine if the challenge is fair? Really? You and Obed Blayer are a little too cosy for comfort Aldo my man!
5 year ratings are not impacted as much as 90 day or 1 year ratings when trying to remove the effect of sandbagging, of course no difference if someone has been sandbagging more than 5 years

Highest rating is totally pointless as only takes a few timeouts against a much higher rated player to achieve your highest rating

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
27 Feb 16

i'd actually be interested to see if anyone can come up with the fairest challenge recently, i don't have time to do the maths but i'm sure there must be a a clan challenge going on where both teams are almost equal
How's this for "almost equal"?

Clan challenge 281577

rc

Moves
27 Feb 16

Originally posted by Suzianne
How's this for "almost equal"?

Clan challenge 281577
spew

Moves
27 Feb 16

spew
I had my accountant look at the numbers and he says that it sure looks as though you couldn't get much more even. I asked him if he were on the level.

rc

Moves
27 Feb 16

Originally posted by Great Big Stees
I had my accountant look at the numbers and he says that it sure looks as though you couldn't get much more even. I asked him if he were on the level.
Please dude next Suzzi wah wah will be walking around halo in hand throwing it around like Goldfingers henchman, Oddjob.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
27 Feb 16
1 edit

5 year ratings are not impacted as much as 90 day or 1 year ratings when trying to remove the effect of sandbagging, of course no difference if someone has been sandbagging more than 5 years

Highest rating is totally pointless as only takes a few timeouts against a much higher rated player to achieve your highest rating
I agree to a certain extent with you. We must take into consideration those who may have had a medical condition such as a stroke, or seizures, or both that would affect the minds thinking process. Of course this would be a very low amount of members, but a possibility.

That would throw the 5 year rating right out the window and possibly even the 90 day rating. The clan leaders would most likely be aware if that were to happen as rehabilitation time would be required. It would be difficult for period of time to find where these members new rating was, or if it had stayed the same which I believe would be unlikely.

Kind Regards,
-VR

Moves
27 Feb 16

Originally posted by Very Rusty
I agree to a certain extent with you. We must take into consideration those who may have had a medical condition such as a stroke, or seizures, or both that would affect the minds thinking process. Of course this would be a very low amount of members, but a possibility.

That would throw the 5 year rating right out the window and possibly even the 90 da ...[text shortened]... ating was, or if it had stayed the same which I believe would be unlikely.

Kind Regards,
-VR
That still assumes that in the normal way a player's rating will be even.

There are three sorts of players: those with fairly consistent even ratings, viewable on thei graph on their profile: deliberate sandbaggers: and finally, those whose graph line has huge spikes upwards and troughs downwards. Peaks and valleys.

I can speak with authority on the latter type. The variation in my rating is 250+, no sandbagging, just the way it works out, and I am far from being unique. I am currently down in a trough; I haven't had a stroke, and I'll get it back up again very soon.

Mind you, two of my recent opponents have been substantially below their high points, in one case over a thousand points below, in another nearly that amount. I don't mind too much, except that in clan games the result wouldn't be exactly fair!

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
27 Feb 16
2 edits

Originally posted by Startreader
That still assumes that in the normal way a player's rating will be even.

There are three sorts of players: those with fairly consistent even ratings, viewable on thei graph on their profile: deliberate sandbaggers: and finally, those whose graph line has huge spikes upwards and troughs downwards. Peaks and valleys.

I can speak with authority on ...[text shortened]... at amount. I don't mind too much, except that in clan games the result wouldn't be exactly fair!
I give you a thumb up for you post

You are still not taking into account if you had a stroke or seizures how it would affect your rating. Another thing I failed to mention is the amount of games you have at one time, and the amount of time, you have in which to make those moves, would also have an affect on the rating. So there are many things to take into account. some maybe that we both have missed.

Kind Regards,
-VR

Chess Librarian

The Stacks

Moves
28 Feb 16

spew
"spew"- Suzianne pairs equally, wow!