5 string bass

5 string bass

Culture

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
22 Jul 13

Getting new bass with 5 strings. Does anyone know of any familiar songs or basslines that utilize the extra b string?

Z

Moves
22 Jul 13

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Getting new bass with 5 strings. Does anyone know of any familiar songs or basslines that utilize the extra b string?
Unless you're Les Claypool, why would you waste your money on a 5-string bass?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
22 Jul 13

Originally posted by Zamboner
Unless you're Les Claypool, why would you waste your money on a 5-string bass?
Waste? Some of them use 6 and 7 string basses. It's a brand new world for bass, it's not just thump thump thump any more.

Z

Moves
22 Jul 13

Z

Moves
22 Jul 13
1 edit

Originally posted by sonhouse
Waste? Some of them use 6 and 7 string basses. It's a brand new world for bass, it's not just thump thump thump any more.
Yeah, a brand new world. With this winner as their leader:

http://lordonly.net/Images/John/jt2x99namma2.jpg

Why don't you go ahead and answer Karoly's question about familiar songs with the 5-string bass.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
24 Jul 13
2 edits

Originally posted by Zamboner
Yeah, a brand new world. With this winner as their leader:

http://lordonly.net/Images/John/jt2x99namma2.jpg

Why don't you go ahead and answer Karoly's question about familiar songs with the 5-string bass.
Man, that sucker must weigh a ton! TWO 8 stringers! Fretted and fretless. Wow. So who is that dude? Named John something?

As far as ME knowing bass stuff, sorry, I am expert in acoustic guitar fingerpicking but know little about bass except thump thump thump kind of thing anyone can do🙂

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
24 Jul 13
1 edit

Originally posted by sonhouse
Man, that sucker must weigh a ton! TWO 8 stringers! Fretted and fretless. Wow. So who is that dude? Named John something?

As far as ME knowing bass stuff, sorry, I am expert in acoustic guitar fingerpicking but know little about bass except thump thump thump kind of thing anyone can do🙂
Here is one online lesson for 5 string bass:

Still don't know any songs for it though.
Sorry, that was less than one minute.

Here is another one a bit longer, going from 4 sting to 5 string.