1. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    30 Jun '23 02:30
    I played this for PS5 and it rocks. It's unique, eerie and has a sense humor even though it's essentially a horror game. It also has what I think is my favorite female protagonist.

You play as Jesse Faden who has experienced supernatural and traumatic events, searching for her missing brother who experienced these events with her. She ends up in an FBI-like building hiding paranormal research that was taken over by malevolent forces. Jesse has to navigate the halls of this building armed with her gun and her wits.

Control: Ultimate Edition kicks all kinds of ass.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Jul '23 08:081 edit
    @vivify said
    I played this for PS5 and it rocks. It's unique, eerie and has a sense humor even though it's essentially a horror game. It also has what I think is my favorite female protagonist.

You play as Jesse Faden who has experienced supernatural and traumatic events, searching for her missing brother who experienced these events with her. She ends up in an FBI-like building hi ...[text shortened]... his building armed with her gun and her wits.

Control: Ultimate Edition kicks all kinds of ass.
    I've seen this around and almost got it a few times, not sure why I still haven't. What do you get in the Ultimate Edition that didn't come in the original?

I love that videogames are finally cognizant that there are female players and I know that even dudes like to play a kick-ass female character. The last one I played with a female lead was Horizon: Zero Dawn.
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    06 Jul '23 10:36
    I bought this for next to nothing out of curiosity about the realtime raytracing on current gen kit.

Great looking game - and very atmospheric and creepy - one for a quick late night gaming session.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Jul '23 12:54
    @russ said
    I bought this for next to nothing out of curiosity about the realtime raytracing on current gen kit.

Great looking game - and very atmospheric and creepy - one for a quick late night gaming session.
    If you want atmospheric and creepy, I understand the Resident Evil series might be worth a look.
  5. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    08 Jul '23 12:38

Removed by poster

6. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    08 Jul '23 22:17
    @suzianne said
    I've seen this around and almost got it a few times, not sure why I still haven't. What do you get in the Ultimate Edition that didn't come in the original?
    You get DLC that had to be purchased for free in the updated version. This includes a post-game in an entirely new area as well as new costumes that became available as you progress through the main game.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree