Abusive Messages

Abusive Messages

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

d

Moves
01 Apr 13

After I refused to accept a draw offer from an opponent who was clearly in a losing position, he began sending a stream of angry and abusive messages, which does not seem in keeping with the spirit of this site. This person is a member. Is there a way to report this so others don't have to be subjected to his rudeness?

A stable personality

Near my hay.

Moves
01 Apr 13

Use the "send feedback" link under "support" at the bottom of the page.

RHP Member No.16

Moves
01 Apr 13

You can also add the person to your ignore list, which will prevent messages from that player. You can find the ignore list under the "my home" link at the upper part of the page.

Old Frog

Elysium

Moves
10 Apr 13

Hi - I am Aspasia, playing here since many years.
I played an unrated game (public invitation) against "feed me more". After having lost our game I sent a message to "feed me more" and congratulated to the win.
"Feed me more" replied that I am a "fuc.king loser".
Must I accept this?
Can a player be punished who is insulting others in this way?
shocked
~ A ~

Old Frog

Elysium

Moves
10 Apr 13

To mwmiller:
I think it is not good to put a player, who insulted me, on the personal ignore list. I think it is a public problem - and such rudnesses cannot be accepted here on RHP...
~ A ~

RHP Member No.16

Moves
10 Apr 13

Originally posted by Aspasia
To mwmiller:
I think it is not good to put a player, who insulted me, on the personal ignore list. I think it is a public problem - and such rudnesses cannot be accepted here on RHP...
~ A ~
If a player sends you an insulting message, that is not a public problem. It is a private problem between you and that other person. The rest of us here at RHP do not see the message.

The "ignore list" is only an option. You don't have to use it, but it will prevent further messages from that person. Did you send a feedback?

R
CerebrallyChallenged

Lyme BayChesil Beach

Moves
10 Apr 13

Hi - I am Aspasia, playing here since many years.
I played an unrated game (public invitation) against "feed me more". After having lost our game I sent a message to "feed me more" and congratulated to the win.
"Feed me more" replied that I am a "fuc.king loser".
Must I accept this?
Can a player be punished who is insulting others in this way?
shocked
~ A ~
Well, I might not have witnessed the messages of this apparent foul mouthed idiot, but I MAY be able to spot the 'actions' of the same individual utilising 'unfair advantage'...
Please ensure you forward those comments, 'word for word', to site feedback below. Any 'other' observations that you can forward should ensure that others don't have to suffer likewise individuals here also. I can't be alone in suggesting that I'm plain tired of these idiots ruining other peoples enjoyment of the site !!

Australia

Moves
11 Apr 13

Originally posted by RevRSleeker
Well, I might not have witnessed the messages of this apparent foul mouthed idiot, but I MAY be able to spot the 'actions' of the same individual utilising 'unfair advantage'...
Please ensure you forward those comments, 'word for word', to site feedback below. Any 'other' observations that you can forward should ensure that others don't have to suffer l ...[text shortened]... g that I'm plain tired of these idiots ruining other peoples enjoyment of the site !!
Looking at his game history, I'd be thinking that particular player needs a program bug fix.

I'd go for sending feedback, with a "word for word" on the offensive messages, also pointing out the fact that the opponent has never lost a game since arriving on the site. Under the TOS there are two options - 3(b) and 3(c) under which action could be taken against this player.

SY

Moves
11 Apr 13
2 edits

I wont suggest engine use yet since he played mostly rating 1500+, which may be way below his actual playing strength. Only Aspasia (edited to change from OP to Aspasia as I incorrectly thought that Aspasia was the OP) is rated over 2000 which the alleged perpetrator won. However, we do not need to prove engine use beyond a reasonable doubt (which we can't at the current moment), considering that he clearly was abusive towards another member which can be easily proven.

Old Frog

Elysium

Moves
11 Apr 13

Hello - I have sent a feedback.
o.k. - it is right that call me "fuc.king" is my personal problem - but I thought that a player who calls me me a "fuc.king" as an answer of congratulating him to his win should be known on this site. That´s what I meant with making public the "style" of this player.

R
CerebrallyChallenged

Lyme BayChesil Beach

Moves
11 Apr 13

Originally posted by Sebastian Yap
I wont suggest engine use yet since he played mostly rating 1500+, which may be way below his actual playing strength. Only Aspasia (edited to change from OP to Aspasia as I incorrectly thought that Aspasia was the OP) is rated over 2000 which the alleged perpetrator won. However, we do not need to prove engine use beyond a reasonable doubt (which we c ...[text shortened]... nt), considering that he clearly was abusive towards another member which can be easily proven.
It's interesting to note that he makes his own moves 'on occasion', and very infrequently, when playing the 1500 rates. If you take a second look at any game other than Aspasia's, he literally delays the strongest move for A move and as a consequence he invariably loses the large advantage that he's accrued in previous moves...it's only a momentary loss though as he can rely upon his opponents subsequent move to regain the advantage. This tactic just takes a little longer for him to succeed... taking that into consideration, and regardless of opposition rates, the engine indicates that 'strongest' is played more often than not. In the 'Aspasia' game he doesn't concern himself with making his own moves, he just ploughs on regardless making those strongest moves...OK, it's a touch tenuous, and in need of a more at-length-evaluation, but the evidence is there for us all to see !
I might add that I've invited him, via PM, to make comment here, and he's more than entitled to 'complain' as to the content of my own comments. I'd never ordinarily post such in the public forum but I thought it only polite to inform him, as you note also, that all his TOS violations wouldn't be so overly VISIBLE if he'd just kept his mouth shut in the first place...

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
11 Apr 13

Originally posted by Kewpie
Looking at his game history, I'd be thinking that particular player needs a program bug fix.

I'd go for sending feedback, with a "word for word" on the offensive messages, also pointing out the fact that the opponent has never lost a game since arriving on the site. Under the TOS there are two options - 3(b) and 3(c) under which action could be taken against this player.
For your information:

User 711404 has been banned. As usual no further details have been given.

RHP Member No.16

Moves
11 Apr 13

Hello - I have sent a feedback.
o.k. - it is right that call me "fuc.king" is my personal problem - but I thought that a player who calls me me a "fuc.king" as an answer of congratulating him to his win should be known on this site. That´s what I meant with making public the "style" of this player.
The world has some obnoxious people in it. So does this chess site. That's why admin added the ignore list.

Complaining about these people in the forums isn't going to make them go away.
Sending feedback might, and using the ignore list will stop them from sending messages to you.

That is why that was the advice given to the original poster in this thread.

Old Frog

Elysium

Moves
11 Apr 13

To mwmiller:
Thank you!
:-))