Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

  1. 24 Jun '06 18:07 / 1 edit
    Germany must now be favourites to win the World Cup after their wopping of Sweden. Argentina's game starts soon so we will see.



    Sorry this was meant for the General department - me finger slipped.
  2. 24 Jun '06 18:15
    i was going to do that in the general forum
  3. 24 Jun '06 18:24
    I just hate it when that happens. And I hope Germany doesn't win the World Cup.
  4. 25 Jun '06 07:19
    I have to step in and just wave with my flag...
  5. 25 Jun '06 21:35
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    I just hate it when that happens. And I hope Germany doesn't win the World Cup.
    why? i like germany
  6. Standard member Aiko
    Nearing 200000...!
    25 Jun '06 23:06
    Originally posted by trevor33
    why? i like germany
    I bet Ireland was neutral in double u double u one and two?
  7. 26 Jun '06 03:36
    Originally posted by Aiko
    I bet Ireland was neutral in double u double u one and two?
    yes but even if they weren’t i would still like germany, no point in holding grudges plus this generation had nothing to do with both wars, why should we dislike them?
  8. 26 Jun '06 22:08
    Originally posted by trevor33
    yes but even if they weren’t i would still like germany, no point in holding grudges plus this generation had nothing to do with both wars, why should we dislike them?
    I don't dislike them, I am one of them. But I dislike the outburst of nationalism (something which you usually won't see much of in Germany, luckily) which comes with a win in the World Cup. But as I said in some other thread, I don't really care much this time as I am not living there anymore.
  9. 27 Jun '06 05:07
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    I don't dislike them, I am one of them. But I dislike the outburst of nationalism (something which you usually won't see much of in Germany, luckily) which comes with a win in the World Cup. But as I said in some other thread, I don't really care much this time as I am not living there anymore.
    your lucky your not living anywhere near england, its all they go on about. in one of their papers yesterday 10 out of 60 pages was about england beating ecuador and at least every week they talk about 1966 (the only year they won it) somewhere. if i was living in england i'd likely have killed myself by how.
  10. 27 Jun '06 20:30
    Originally posted by trevor33
    your lucky your not living anywhere near england, its all they go on about. in one of their papers yesterday 10 out of 60 pages was about england beating ecuador and at least every week they talk about 1966 (the only year they won it) somewhere. if i was living in england i'd likely have killed myself by how.
    I was in Germany two weeks ago, and it was completely crazy.