1. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 May '11 23:58
    I just claimed a win on time and got an insulting message like I was a jerk for doing it.
    Did I do something wrong?
  2. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    31 May '11 02:27
    No, you did nothing wrong. At the bottom on any page use "Send Feedback" to explain the situation to the RHP staff. Insulting another player is a big no-no around here.
  3. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    31 May '11 07:08
    Originally posted by Zapp Brannigan
    I just claimed a win on time and got an insulting message like I was a jerk for doing it.
    You opponent has won 6 games by timeout and lost 15 by timeout so they are aware that games can and do get timed out.

Simple solution is to send them a reply

"Thanks for your congratulatory message. I am glad to see you realise it isn't me that was the loser in our game"

After you have done this, add the player to your ignore list ( go to My Home, My Ignore List) and you will get the added satisfaction that they cannot reply to your message or join any games you start! The only time you can play them again is in a torunamnt and so long as they are on ignore they cannot message you in game, except for the last move before resigning.
  4. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    19 Jun '11 10:122 edits
    Originally posted by adramforall
    . . . add the player to your ignore list ( go to My Home, My Ignore List) and you will get the added satisfaction that they cannot reply to your message or join any games you start! The only time you can play them again is in a torunamnt and so long as they are on ignore they cannot message you in game, except for the last move before resigning.
    Thanks for posting that tip. Might come in handy. Sounds like you may have some experience with the technique.

That is an interesting nuance that a player on ignore can still message but only when resigning.
  5. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    19 Jun '11 18:38
    Originally posted by Zapp Brannigan
    Claiming a win on time is part of the rules and perfectly fine. It isn't mandatory that you do it but is an option, except during a tournament, where it will be automatically done.

You could write a few words about yourself in your profile and mention that you claim time-out wins when they come along.

I would not worry too much about rude remarks when you win a game. Some people just do not like to lose, so when they get their but kicked will make insulting comments.

If it is a problem for you or escalates into harrassment, use the ignore list and send feedback, as others have explained.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree