1. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    14 Feb '10 05:40
    Can someone please help me figure out how to fix my blitz interface on RHP? At the bottom of the blitz page I read where it said something about a firewall blocker, but I'm not sure if that's my problem. Is there anything else I could possibly do to fix this?
  2. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirate™
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    14 Feb '10 10:33
    Originally posted by wittywonka
    Can someone please help me figure out how to fix my blitz interface on RHP? At the bottom of the blitz page I read where it said something about a firewall blocker, but I'm not sure if that's my problem. Is there anything else I could possibly do to fix this?
    How about you tell us what the problem with your Blitz is first! Are there any error messages?
  3. Standard memberwittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    Cocoa Mountains
    Moves
    14 Feb '10 19:40
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    How about you tell us what the problem with your Blitz is first! Are there any error messages?
    Sorry if I wasn't clear.

I can open the page to the blitz room, but I don't see any options or players present. I just see a blank, gray box.
  4. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirate™
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    15 Feb '10 00:45
    Originally posted by wittywonka
    Sorry if I wasn't clear.

I can open the page to the blitz room, but I don't see any options or players present. I just see a blank, gray box.
    Can you see the Flash video on this page?
    http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

If so, then the problem is probably blocked router ports.
  5. Joined
    27 Jan '08
    Moves
    15 Feb '10 23:35
    If so, then the problem is probably blocked router ports.[/b]
    Thanks -- so, how does one unblock router ports?

I'm presently getting nothing on Blitz but a gray screen and the "Blitz Beta provisional help" box explaining the need to update Macromedia Flash (done) and also noting that "Port 1935 must be open."

I've tried intoning "Open Sesame" to my laptop, but without effect. "Open Port 1935" didn't work either.

Ideas?
  6. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirate™
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    16 Feb '10 08:21
    Originally posted by Carl Corey
    Thanks -- so, how does one unblock router ports?

I'm presently getting nothing on Blitz but a gray screen and the "Blitz Beta provisional help" box explaining the need to update Macromedia Flash (done) and also noting that "Port 1935 must be open."

I've tried intoning "Open Sesame" to my laptop, but without effect. "Open Port 1935" didn't work either.

Ideas?
    It depends on what make of router you have. Generally, you need to go to your router homepage.

To get the address go to Start > Run. Then type in cmd hit enter, then in black box that appears type ipconfig. Then copy the IP address listed under Default Gateway and type it into an internet browser - it should be something like - http://192.168.1.254

If it asks you to login, try the username admin and a blank password as they're usually the default details. If that doesn't work you'll need to speak to your ISP or check the documentation that came with you router.

Once you're logged in look around for the Firewall settings and there should be an option to open ports there.
  7. Georgia USA
    Moves
    16 Feb '10 15:23
    I turned off all my firewalls and it still didn't work
  8. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    17 Feb '10 18:24
    More details on this problem here :

Thread 127133
  9. Joined
    18 Dec '07
    Moves
    17 Feb '10 19:57
    all i .....can see is that it is not working with the current adobe....
  10. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    21 Feb '10 17:20
    Originally posted by seadragon36
    all i .....can see is that it is not working with the current adobe....
    Update to this in the site announcements thread. A new build has been uploaded which fixes this issue.
  11. Highcliffe Dorset UK
    Moves
    08 Mar '10 08:36
    I also cannot get into blitz - same problem. I have sent messages to Chess at Work but get no response
    KeithED

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree