1. Standard membermathemos
    The Vorlon
    Papillion, Nebraska
    Moves
    26 Feb '07 03:40
    I keep seeing provisionally rated players not specifying a minimum rating on games they open, then they name the game something like MUST BE 1500+.

Can't they just use the min/max and other advanced options like the rest of us?
  2. Joined
    20 Jan '07
    Moves
    26 Feb '07 04:333 edits
    Originally posted by mathemos
    I keep seeing provisionally rated players not specifying a minimum rating on games they open, then they name the game something like MUST BE 1500+.

3. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    26 Feb '07 10:55
    No.

D
  4. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    01 Mar '07 21:32

we would if we could... its not available to us... you were one once you know
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Apr '07 23:16
    As a subscriber, I believe that I should have the same privilages as all
    non-provisional players on the site. It's a shame that non-subscribers has more previlages than I do. Now...give me my advance feature.
  6. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    09 Apr '07 00:14
    Originally posted by Aumonde
    As a subscriber, I believe that I should have the same privilages as all
    non-provisional players on the site. It's a shame that non-subscribers has more previlages than I do. Now...give me my advance feature.
    There are reasons for it.

It makes sense.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Apr '07 18:19
    What are those reasons that make sense?
  8. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    10 Apr '07 10:57
    Originally posted by Aumonde
    What are those reasons that make sense?
    If a provisional player played only 2000 players they would have a rating of at least 1600 (exactly 1600 if they lost every game). There was a guy a while back who had a 2200 rating after 20 games (through playing 1800 players and winning), it takes a lot of non-provisional games to fall from there to your actual rating.
  9. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    11 Apr '07 17:25
    XanthosNZ, have you been banned from the Chess Forum as you never post in there? On the issue at hand this question is asked so many times it should be a sticky.
  10. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    12 Apr '07 11:21
    Originally posted by z00t
    XanthosNZ, have you been banned from the Chess Forum as you never post in there? On the issue at hand this question is asked so many times it should be a sticky.
    Why waste my time posting in the Chess forum? It's full of utter crap these days anyway (including your posts).
  11. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    12 Apr '07 11:37
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Why waste my time posting in the Chess forum? It's full of utter crap these days anyway (including your posts).
    You misspelled especially

D
  12. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    12 Apr '07 20:44
    Are you drunk or something? There is a recent thread on the Dragon which I'm told you play. Unless its your kid bro making the moves for you, you should be interested in such talk. In that case you can get him to post in the Chess forum.
  13. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    15 Apr '07 11:181 edit
    Originally posted by z00t
    Are you drunk or something? There is a recent thread on the Dragon which I'm told you play. Unless its your kid bro making the moves for you, you should be interested in such talk. In that case you can get him to post in the Chess forum.
    You mean your lame attempt to call me out over a game I lost? Yeah I saw it, why should I waste my time replying to your inept out of date rambling?

EDIT: I've discussed the Dragon in the past with both cmsMaster and TONY who both play it very well (better than I do at times), but at the current time I don't have any new insights to add.
  14. USA
    Moves
    15 Apr '07 14:44
    Originally posted by GinoJ
    3 edits for this?
  15. Joined
    13 Apr '06
    Moves
    15 Apr '07 16:41
    You mean your lame attempt to call me out over a game I lost? Yeah I saw it, why should I waste my time replying to your inept out of date rambling?

EDIT: I've discussed the Dragon in the past with both cmsMaster and TONY who both play it very well (better than I do at times), but at the current time I don't have any new insights to add.
    Your walking on dangerous ground calling chess discussions "utter crap". You need to get off your high horse because you will bump your head if you carry on that way.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree