Cannot connect to RHP with Firefox

Cannot connect to RHP with Firefox

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

K.I.N.G.

Moves
30 Oct 08

All of a sudden (after a year of no problems whatsoever) I am having problems connecting to RHP with Firefox. I can usually connect for 5-10 minutes once I initially boot up but then it fails to connect to the site. However if I open IE I can connect to RHP with no problems at all.

I tried Clearing Private Data (other than saved passwords) in Firefox but that did not seem to help. Has anyone else had this issue or can suggest a solution?

Thanks

ook

hirsute rooster

Moves
30 Oct 08

Originally posted by Mutt n Stu
All of a sudden (after a year of no problems whatsoever) I am having problems connecting to RHP with Firefox. I can usually connect for 5-10 minutes once I initially boot up but then it fails to connect to the site. However if I open IE I can connect to RHP with no problems at all.

I tried Clearing Private Data (other than saved passwords) in Firefox b ...[text shortened]... t that did not seem to help. Has anyone else had this issue or can suggest a solution?

Thanks
Try starting up Firfox in safe mode.

Start -> Run ->
"C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -safe-mode
[might need to alter the path depending on where you installed Firefox]

This will start it up without using any of the addons or extras. If this works then it's probably down to an addon causing a problem.

Another option is to check any firewalls you may have. If you get connections for a short while after booting only, then it could be that a slow-starting firewall is blocking Firefox?

T

ALG

Moves
04 Nov 08
1 edit

Originally posted by Mutt n Stu

I tried Clearing Private Data (other than saved passwords) in Firefox b ...[text shortened]... t that did not seem to help. Has anyone else had this issue or can suggest a solution?

Thanks
Did you install any programms recently?